Love the Drum

My first MD-20 drum arrived yesterday and it looks great. It required a little "A" type fitting but did not require "B" fitting. It also needed a little material shaved off the sides towards the front of the magwell, but overall getting it to work was totally simple.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and probably won't be able to take it out this weekend due to other commitments, but I hand cycled it with a couple different types of ammo and it seems to work fine. I still need to check whether it hand cycles right with Brenneke K.O. slugs.... they're roll crimped and might be a hair too long.

The only unexpected thing I noticed was that shells rattle around a bit inside a loaded drum. It's not a big deal, and honestly I can't think of any way to NOT have them rattle while keeping the drum functional. Please don't take this as a negative or a nitpick! I'm just the kind of guy who wraps hockey tape around his metal sling swivels so they don't clink and rattle, so I'll just have to remember to be extra quiet the next time I'm hunting wabbits with the 20 round drum!

Awesome drum, Mike! Thanks for making it possible :)

Brenneke K.O. slugs cycle just fine and are a blast to shoot. 20 slugs in under 15 seconds, my shoulder is a little tender, but worth the pain in my eyes. These slugs are reliable as hell and well priced. Happy shooting and try a slug a second, that should be good on the old shoulder.

It works with Black Magic short magnums. My guess is that it'd work with KO's too. I'd be a little afraid of firing 20 BMSM's in rapid succession though. :lol:

LOL good to know. Brenneke black magics have the same hull, length and crimp as KO's ...

You'd have to be more of a glutton for punishment than me to rapid fire 20 of those bad boys!