Did I buy a dud?

Well, brought my new addition to the property today and it failed miserably. After spending some time getting the MD 20 and Pro Mag to lock in it was off to go blast some quick rounds before dinner with the Mrs. and have a little fun after a work week of hell. It might be the ammo - Remington Sport Shot 2 3/4- but not one shot cycled on either 1 or 2 setting. I stripped the weapon down and was able to see all 3 holes on the gas port, so that doesn't seem to be the issue and not even the stock 5 round mag would work, so I am hoping it's the ammo ---------Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am into this weapon for close a $1k with all the bells and whistles and can't get more than a shot off at a time!!

You could see three (3) ports, but did you actually use a pick and check them to see if they're clear?

Hmmmm, how light is that shell, 1oz & 2 1/2 drams, or, 1 1/8oz & 3 drams?

Yes be shureto check the gas ports with a pick good light and mirror if you have one that small :} but more than likly you are having an issue with a lite load Ive had the same problem some of the links i have posted will help solve these problems and mabie an updated gas plug and you can always use a liter spring http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry341089 < like this here I have done this mod also its not hard just pull the cover pull the front spring off and replace it with the lighter one I have dont most of these mods and I run some of the OLD winchester 7/8Oz shot and it cycles just fine I dont think they make loads that light any more but I had alot stockpiled up but any thing I put in the chamber it will cycle :bad_egg: