Surefire 308 Mags?????

I am seeing a lot of these 'new' at gun shows.

Are they any good?

Is there anything I should look for as far as them being good or bad?

They appear to be going for about $55.00 each; and I think they are 20 rounders.

I got a few surefire mags a while ago to add to my us parts count. At first I mistakenly thought the misfeeds and jams I was experiencing was due to these mags but it turned out to be the terrible ammo I was using at the time. They aren't bad, I'm not a big fan of the LRBHO tho. I would recommend the steel mags over the polymers.

Edited by XXasdf

Are they any good?

They appear to be going for about $55.00 each; and I think they are 20 rounders.

I have 4 15-rdrs and 2 10-rdrs - from NJ - and never had any issues with any of them, in fact they r quite dependable and solid. They got lifetime warranty. For better prices look around on the net and at business members of this forum, although with shipping it would never be below $50.

But, to be honest, I bought these a year before ccsspecs developed steel mags. Now, I will only buy his.

• 2 weeks later...

Are they any good?

I have 4 15-rdrs and 2 10-rdrs - from NJ - and never had any issues with any of them, in fact they r quite dependable and solid. They got lifetime warranty. For better prices look around on the net and at business members of this forum, although with shipping it would never be below $50.

But, to be honest, I bought these a year before ccsspecs developed steel mags. Now, I will only buy his.

I have sold, and I own quite a few of the Surefire mags with no problems to date.

I have the 20's and 25's for $41.95. Under $50 with shipping. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...INES/Categories

I have several with a few thousand rounds through them with no problems.

Greg

I have the 20's and 25's for $41.95. Under $50 with shipping. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...INES/Categories

I have several with a few thousand rounds through them with no problems.

Greg

Greg is most awesome - highly recommend buying from him!

I am happy to eat my own words and see these mags under $50!

+1 on CSS great selection. price and always fast shipping. I bought most of my conversion parts from him and they arrived within 2-3 days. Still waiting for my PK-ASV and brakes from other ratailers :haha: .

I've got the Sureifires. They're the only thing available to me other than the factory mags. I found that they're not all plug and play. For them to work right in my .308, I had to cut down the left side feed lip about .100" at 5/8" - 3/4" from the back. I did this with a hobby knife. Takes a few minutes if you have a sharp blade. Takes a lot if you have quite a few mags like me.