I just got a .223 and am looking for a stock. But I hear in CT you can't have a adjustable or collapsable stock. I would really like the Tapco stock but not legal. Does anyone know where to buy a fixed stock that has the same look. Or somewhere to buy a nice looking fixed stock with pistol grip. Please help

Hey, I'm pretty sure you can have a collapsable stock. As long as you dont have the other evil features such as a bayonet lug and flash hider which your rifle doesn't have. Again, I'm not SURE so don't take my word. Also, to add a pistol grip you are going to have to add other parts to bring your imported parts count down to 10 or lower. Your stock Saiga has 14 parts. Adding a pistol grip would bring it to 15. So you could add... Tapco pistol grip 1. Tapco buttstock 2. Surefire 30 round mag follower 3. mag body 4. mag base plate 5. I THINK it's 10 or below but you could add a foregrip easy too. That would leave you with 9 imported parts and 6 American and you SHOULD be good.

Again I'm no expert but this is what I understand based on my research. I think we all can agree that these laws are a complete pain in the ass and serve no purpose at all. :angry:

Thank you vey much. I went to my local gun shop today and asked it was explained to me this way. You can only have a collapsable stock if you weld in a pin so that it won't move. Its bullshit but I guess thats the law.

That's cool. Hey I've been doing my homework on the conversion process and I'm about to order the parts. I have a pistol grip on it now and I didn't move the trigger forward. It looks goofy as hell and has awful ergonomics. I'm getting ready to do it right. Let me know how you make out.

Folding, telescoping, and collapsing stocks are only legal on pre1994 guns. So that's why you'll see AR collapsing stocks in CT from time to time, for guys that are "pre-ban" and still use that stuff. Saigas, no such luck.

If I was you, I'd go convert and not use a combined grip/stock thing. Regular AK furniture is pretty great.