Insurgent Video possibly showing active camo

My take: I think there are some bushes in the foreground that are the same color as the wall dude runs past. His uniform is this color as well. I think the vegetation blends in with the wall in the background, and is therefore easily missed. I think he is mostly concealed by the bushes until he reaches the tank. Just my opinion.

My take: I think there are some bushes in the foreground that are the same color as the wall dude runs past. His uniform is this color as well. I think the vegetation blends in with the wall in the background, and is therefore easily missed. I think he is mostly concealed by the bushes until he reaches the tank. Just my opinion.

Yup. It's digital camouflage doing what it's supposed to do. Low-grade consumer electronic optics like video cameras are going to be particularly susceptible to its effects, since their priority is making a nice picture, i.e. matching colors and contrasts, as opposed to tracking motion. Your eye & brain are capable of tracking both patterns and movement - the camera can really only do one.

Yup. It's digital camouflage doing what it's supposed to do. Low-grade consumer electronic optics like video cameras are going to be particularly susceptible to its effects, since their priority is making a nice picture, i.e. matching colors and contrasts, as opposed to tracking motion. Your eye & brain are capable of tracking both patterns and movement - the camera can really only do one.

+1 This is the ONLY thing ACU's do well.

However, I am always amazed at the electronic wizardry they allow me to use, see, or know about.

I'll put it this way. We may be only 20-30 years from Starship Troopers (The Book) as far as our boots on the ground guys go.

Powered self propelled armor suits for infantry.

The replacement for the M4 won't shoot bullets, it will be a lethal hand held DEW.

Our newest armored vehicles will use active defense systems to destroy incoming projectiles weather it is an RPG, an EFP, mortar or arty round.

Electronics will be able to "sniff" road side bombs and VBIEDs and alert the crew. They may be linked to the active defense system and ask if it is ok to destroy the target.

My hand held will be able to link up with an orbital platform that contains a 500MW IR laser that can pick a man sized target on the ground and vaporize it.

That must be the camera, because I have never seen digicam work that well (especially at distance where it all blends into one color and is pretty easy to spot). Either that, or we reverse engineered some of that shit from Roswell. Area 51, Hanger 18!

Could it be propaganda working for our side?

I find this fascinating that we are thinking about how "cool" this stuff is when its true purpose is to allow our ground troops to be undetectable. However, if we submitted more things like this to our enemy about how bulletproof, invisible, superhuman and amazing our armed forces (not all embellishments) are, then I doubt they would be so willing to fight us!

Does anyone remember those shitty two camera speeches of Saddam Hussein that his cronies had sent to Al Jazeera talking about how the Iraqi's are killing the infidels in droves and that the [u.S.] attack has utterly failed at the start of the Iraqi conflict?

We should do the same thing about our invisible soldiers that kill guerilla bombers & soldiers in their sleep by castrating them and then hanging them with their own genitals & entrails and then putting black magic on them so they will not make it to their virgins.

I don't know which poor optics and shutter speed or active camo but I went frame by frame and the camo did blend/change as the GI hit the end of the wall in front of the truck that was parked. You can see a clear line that is visible at his mid-section. Top half going dark blending into the truck while the bottom was still light colored with the vegetation.

OR what about this bird, a black ops plane that used a form of active camo that could best be described as a clokeing device. it was even named after the star trek klingon "birk of prey"''''''''''''

http://www.janes.com/aerospace/military/ne...21127_1_n.shtml

Edited by rangerdavid
They've already got stealth technology working on the F-22!

post-7071-1243306651_thumb.jpg

Acer

That's what it's gonna look like on the line at Langley if the Pentagon has it's way.

They offered up the raptor on the chopping block for budget cuts.

I'm all for being realistic about our work in Iraq and Afghanistan but you can never forget that we can't see the future.

If we invest all of our resources into policing tactics and equipment what's gonna happen when some superpower

flips their lid and we have to engage in full scale warfare? We'll be steamrolled because we said "ehhh we won't need it".

Just sayin.

They've already got stealth technology working on the F-22!

post-7071-1243306651_thumb.jpg

Acer

That's what it's gonna look like on the line at Langley if the Pentagon has it's way.

They offered up the raptor on the chopping block for budget cuts.

I'm all for being realistic about our work in Iraq and Afghanistan but you can never forget that we can't see the future.

If we invest all of our resources into policing tactics and equipment what's gonna happen when some superpower

flips their lid and we have to engage in full scale warfare? We'll be steamrolled because we said "ehhh we won't need it".

Just sayin.

We need to keep the hi-tech, but keep it multi-role. It needs to be able to kill North Korean space fighters of the future, as well as bomb huts somewhere. We can't go all low tech and end up fighting hyper war with a-10's, nor can we go F-4 phantom.