Installing wood furniture on my Saiga (922r compliant)

I have a stock Saiga 7.62x39. I would like to remove the plastic furniture and install the Saiga birch furniture. Does this alteration on my part trigger the necessity to start making the rifle 922r compliant? If so, how would the feds ever prove it? Couldn't I, theoretically, have purchased the Saiga in this configuration (with wood stock) straight off the gun store shelf?

I have a stock Saiga 7.62x39. I would like to remove the plastic furniture and install the Saiga birch furniture. Does this alteration on my part trigger the necessity to start making the rifle 922r compliant? If so, how would the feds ever prove it? Couldn't I, theoretically, have purchased the Saiga in this configuration (with wood stock) straight off the gun store shelf?

Changing from one set of factory Russian plastic furniture to factory Russian wood furniture does not affect 922r as you are not removing the rifle from a sporter configuration.