Does anyone know where I can pick up a wooden AK 74 butt stock, preferably with the sling swivel on the side? Rusmilitary has them for sale, but $110 US is too rich for me right now...:(

• 2 weeks later...

Real russian '74 stocks arent exactly prevalent and definitely not cheap. Tantal has them but you'll pay, I got a nice '74 lammy furmiture set from him and though it was mucho bucks, I dont regret it and it is beautiful. There used to be Bulgy blonde ones out there (I think) but they have dried up since. The rusmilitary price really isnt too bad of a deal.

Heres mine...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mpled+103+woody

The furniture on your rifle is gorgeous! :) I've got a wooden forearm for my S12 inbound from RusMilitary right now. Wanted to put an AK-74 butt stock on with it, but settled for a Romanian AK-47 laminated stock since I will probably have to refinish them both to get a color match anyway...

forgive my naivety concerning the russian poodleshooters, but what is the difference between a 74 stock and 47 stock? i thought it was just the groove, which is in most US poly "47" furniture anyways? i have a number of lamimate 47 sets i can carve a groove in, if thats all you are looking for.

forgive my naivety concerning the russian poodleshooters, but what is the difference between a 74 stock and 47 stock? i thought it was just the groove, which is in most US poly "47" furniture anyways? i have a number of lamimate 47 sets i can carve a groove in, if thats all you are looking for.

Aside from the groove, the sling swivel is mounted on the side instead of underneath the stock, and the 74 has a different buttplate. What would you charge to workup a 47 stock to resemble a 74 stock?