Could someone explain to me please why you are supposed to line up the holes in the barrel like pic #1 and not just like pic #2?

Because the comp is designed to move the high pressure gas forward to the baffles then to the sides, "pulling" the gun forward...if you have the ports directly behind the baffles, then the gas just flows out the sides and has little effect :)

Alex

I thought that might be the case but it just seems like you would be pushing the gun back then forward.

The reason I asked if the holes were angled is because the gas system holes are angled to keep out the shot wad.

Thanks

Edited by Racer 27

The gas system is a little more prone to failure if it gets wad up there than the brake is.

Racer,

If you're considering this option, be sure to realize that you MAY need to tweak your gun more to get it to work. Most of the guys running this mod have short gas systems or the brake further forward... I got lucky that mine works without further mods... It's not a simple plug and play.

~SN

• 3 months later...

sh3.jpg

A little off topic... but dose anyone know what chest rig is being used in this picture? It looks like the standard ChiCom?

Thanks!

Hey thats me !!

the chest rig was made by a dealer that used to adverise on here his login user name was ISNOSPOON or something like that,its made for the saiga 12 mags :if i can find the order ill post more info ....

Just remembered it was armchairtactical brand.

Edited by gunfighteruk
  • 8 months later...

I just got Macs old tank brake on my birdshot/competition (4 hole) gun last night. I had a problem with bit flex/wander so the spacing is a little odd on one side, but I started off with a small bit so I could clean it up with an 1/8" mill bit.

I only did a 3X3 grid, and with a 3/32" bit so I doubt it'll have much effect so I'm going to open a few up to 1/8" tonight and function test it. There's a 3 gun match THIS Saturday <DOH> so I guess I better leave work a couple hours early. lol

Edited by hobbyshooter

The gun noticed the ports alot more than I did. :lolol: FTEs so I replaced the heavy 1911 recoil spring with the factory Saiga recoil spring and it started running Fed birdshot on setting 3. I drilled the middle hole in the 3X3 grid open to 1/8" and left the rest at 3/32" since I don't want the gun to FTE.

Felt recoil is a little less. Muzzle climb feels more improved than the backward recoil.

Depending on this weekends match I may end up drilling everything open to 1/8" and adding a 4th row, then opening gas ports to get it to cycle.