brass catcher

hey guys,

a friend of mine who is a farmer shot my saiga 12 a while back & of course loved it. his dad has a powered parachute that they hunt hogs out of but they have to be very careful about ejected shells because they can hit the composite propeller & cause alot of damage. im wondering if anyone manufactures a shell catcher for a saiga 12, or if anyone has rigged one up that doesnt effect the ease of operation too much.

if i can come up with something, i can probably do some hog hunting from a powered parachute with my saiga.

i can probably do some hog hunting from a powered parachute with my saiga.

Hot damn that sounds like fun!!!

I want a brass catcher for reloading purposes.

Edited by Raoul_Duke

Use high brass loads, they eject 5 yards forward and 3 to the right. I'd be more worried about hitting the chute!

You crazy bastards look like you know how to have FUN!

Seriously, it shouldn't be too hard to screw a wire frame to the dustcover and stretch screen over it.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.a...mp;kwtid=290648

I've got one of these I picked up at a gunshow. It actually works pretty good with rifles. With the S-12 it can cause problems though unless you've got that tacticool homey style stance with the ejection port facing straight down.... :lol:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.a...mp;kwtid=290648

I've got one of these I picked up at a gunshow. It actually works pretty good with rifles. With the S-12 it can cause problems though unless you've got that tacticool homey style stance with the ejection port facing straight down.... :lol:

Looks like a good deal. I've ordered from them before and was very pleased with them

Id be careful about hunting/discharging a firearm from an experimental aircraft.

Down here in Florida, I can hunt hogs with anything but a machine gun (im sure I could talk the local game warden into trying it with the beast if Tom ever comes down again), and hunt from anything EXCEPT aircraft.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!!!!!

The most fun Ive had in years, was hunting a hog with my converted SGL10 out the front of an airboat, those suckers run like hell over very uneven ground/lots of cover, when you are up on them.

Its really a shotgun game, but being the stubborn fool I am, I wanted to see what the 7.62 would do.

It makes for a tough riffle shot, when hunting on the move this way. I got mine @ about 35 yards, she was running full speed, quartering away.

first shot, I didnt lead her well and landed right behind her. The second Double lunged her , she just stumbled a bit an kept on running, driver swung boat around, for a clearer view and to close the now 50 yard gap back to 30 or so yards.

two quick folow up shots, as she attempted escape, one up the ass out the gut ( she really didnt like that), and another through the hip out the ass, put her down for good..

TASTY

My dealer had 3 of those sitting in his misc parts shelf for over a year. They were for mini-14s and were buried under other stuff.

I finally bought all 3 of them for 10 dollars a piece which is a big savings over the 35 a peice they normally are.

Brought them home and used my propane torch and heated up the mounting arms and bent them to fit my Saiga 308 and my AR15. They work BEAUTIFULLY. I don't lose a single shell anymore. Funny seeing the brass rats (which I am one of) coming over to my table expecting to see me tossing 308 and 223 brass out and nothing comes a flying.

Don't know how they would work for the S12 but I imagine they would be fine however I would consider modding it and cutting the bottom out and adding a net to give it more capacity.