Any better recoil pads for the Magpul CTR stocks?

I put some Magnum 000 to the tune of about 300 rounds. 100 Saturday and 200 yesterday and I can honestly say with the stock recoil pad it has worn me out. Are there any thicker ones that fit those stocks and if so where can I get one?

Thanks

I put some Magnum 000 to the tune of about 300 rounds. 100 Saturday and 200 yesterday and I can honestly say with the stock recoil pad it has worn me out. Are there any thicker ones that fit those stocks and if so where can I get one?

Thanks

I bought a slip on pad for mine.

You might consider keeping the CTR the way it is and changing the buffer tube to an Endine.

92.jpg

That endine tube is the bees knees...I will have that for mine...I would also use the thicker pad...

Any shooting reports from anyone who has used this unit before??? :blues:

You might consider keeping the CTR the way it is and changing the buffer tube to an Endine.

92.jpg

That endine tube is the bees knees...I will have that for mine...I would also use the thicker pad...

I thought that the Endine ShotShock buffer tube was only available in MilSpec size? All of the pig noses and AR tube adapters that I have seen for our guns have been commercial size.

Someone please correct me so that I can put an Endine on my weapon.

92.jpg

I thought that the Endine ShotShock buffer tube was only available in MilSpec size? All of the pig noses and AR tube adapters that I have seen for our guns have been commercial size.

afaik both milspec and commercial tubes use the same castle nut, so both will work with the pig nose adapter.

92.jpg

afaik both milspec and commercial tubes use the same castle nut, so both will work with the pig nose adapter.

The threading is the same on both commercial and milspec. The tube diameter itself is just slightly larger on the commercial. I would consider the Endine buffer tube if it were commercial. But if I bought it now I would have to pay the full 120 + the price of a mil-spec CTR since mine is a commercial :(

I bought the commercial because it has a .55 thick recoil pad and the milspec had like a .30.

I'm just crossing my fingers for Magpul actually releasing that thicker pad.

The threading is the same on both commercial and milspec. The tube diameter itself is just slightly larger on the commercial. I would consider the Endine buffer tube if it were commercial. But if I bought it now I would have to pay the full 120 + the price of a mil-spec CTR since mine is a commercial :(

I bought the commercial because it has a .55 thick recoil pad and the milspec had like a .30.

I'm just crossing my fingers for Magpul actually releasing that thicker pad.

Oh yea.... duh :angry:

From the arf thread:

I called Brownell's and pre-ordered the ACS and new buttpad.

new buttpad: Brownell's #100-004-168

ACS stock (black, milspec): Brownell's #100-003-527

Used promo code TAL to get 10% off total order (min order $150)

Looks like they are making it, and it's available for pre-order.

I've got the Enidine on my Saiga-12 with the pignose adaptor. It REALLY cuts down on recoil--I can fire as many buckshot rounds as I want and don't have a sore shoulder. The only downside that I've found is that there is some trigger slap. Maybe I'll learn to bump-fire from the shoulder!