Look for Youtube videos about firing out of battery.

Also, read this: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=362563

It may blow up, if you're an idiot like this guy and use reloaded ammo, with double powder... FN wound up replacing this asshole's pistol.

http://consumerist.com/tag/Five_seveN/?i=5...d-reloaded-ammo

The FN 5.7 is my carry pistol with a 10 round extension, giving me 30 rounds. I also have the PS90. I've heard of it firing out of battery, but as stated, he was shooting reloads. The pistol is a "little" loud to the ears, but fun as hell to shoot. I have been asked too many times to remember, "how can you bump fire that pistol" or "is that a full auto pistol", most of the times, I was limp wristing the gun and just letting it float in my hand. The PS90 has the "safety sear"in the trigger pack to eliminate firing out of battery. My rifle has the factory 16" barrel, but I removed the factory flash hider and installed my own threaded adapter to allow me to us my 1/2x28 threaded can, while still maintaining legal overall length. Asshats here where I live seem to think that SBR & SBS are bad, but we can own DD, cans, and FA stuff. The 5.7 is actually cheaper to shoot that the 5.56, and cheaper to reload also. Buy one, I don't think you'll be disapointed.

LOVE my Five-SeveN! Extremely accurate pistol at ridiculously long ranges, basically a sniper pistol. Very light and very little recoil. People will talk shit about the small rounds but they are man stoppers without a doubt, not to mention they will go through about 50 vests. In fact some studies have shown the 5.7 round does more damage to a person if they are wearing a vest as the bullet frags and sends multiple pieces flipping end over end through the vest creating devastating wound cavities. Factory ammo is loaded kinda light but you can get some really good high grade stuff from Elite Ammunition. That guy who blew the gun up was being stupid but you can safely reload or buy hotter rounds than are commercially available and they are still safe to shoot. Its a pricey little sucker but was well worth the $900 IMO. The pistol cracks like a rifle and its AWESOME!

Also available is an AR upper in 5.7............a little more barrel...........

post-3950-1243900703_thumb.jpg post-3950-1243900718_thumb.jpg post-3950-1243900732_thumb.jpg

............around $700

Seriously man, when are you gonna adobt me??? Im clean and only come with, three kids a wife and a cat!!!!

please.... :unsure::haha:

I'm actually thinking about getting one of these for my x-wife. Right now she only has the 10/22 because she hates recoil. But I figure a reliable 22lr that she is comfortable with is better than something she is scared to shoot.

Been curious about the FiveSeven myself, a 30 round side arm sounds pretty sweet to me! Was wondering if is there anything else out there in this caliber besides the pistol P90 and converted AR?

Stop trying to hijack my hijack.

Been curious about the FiveSeven myself, a 30 round side arm sounds pretty sweet to me! Was wondering if is there anything else out there in this caliber besides the pistol P90 and converted AR?

Vinnie: This caliber was developed by FN. To the best of my knowledge, those are the only three firearms that will shoot that round. And YES, it is fun to shoot.

I'm not a big fan of the cartridge. In its original form the round has some promise in the PS90/P90, but it is comparitive to a Ruger Single Six 22Mag revolver in the FiveSeven pistol. When the "good" ammo was taken off the civilian market that totally made the PS90 totally unattractive to me. I have had trigger time with both the FiveSeven pistol, and the PS90 carbine. They were both accurate, and recoil was just about nonexistant. I have no faith in the ammo now availible on the civilian market after an occurance at Knob Creek. My friends and I went down to Knob Creek Range in West Point, KY. for a meet and great for another forum. We had been shooting bottles of Tannerite out at 75 yards. The rules at Knob Creek limit the placement of Tannerite at 75 yards or further. The targets had exloded reliably with .308, 7.62x39, and .223. My friend with the PS90 asked me if I wanted to try to hit one of the last bottles of Tannerite with his gun. I accepted of course. My friend and I had just finished zeroing in the PS90, and I was rather confident of my ability with it. I fired at the bottle. Nothing happened. I know that I hit the bottle, because I saw it tumble. When the range officer called a cease fire we went down range to look at the bottle. I hit it. The bullet hit the bottle about an inch and a half from the bottom. Here's the kicker....It didn't penetrate the "plastic" bottle. You could tell that bullet hit the bottle and grazed a path from the point of impact towards the top of the bottle like it followed the side as it knocked it over. We were shocked. I sat the target back in place and when the line was hot again I shot it with a 16" Bushmaster in .223 and it went boom! I will not, and can not, reccomend the PS90 because of this.

As a side note.....I just noticed that the photo for my avatar was taken at Knob Creek the day that I described in my post. Is that a coincidence or what?

Edited by gunluster
I'm actually thinking about getting one of these for my x-wife. Right now she only has the 10/22 because she hates recoil. But I figure a reliable 22lr that she is comfortable with is better than something she is scared to shoot.

Arming your x-wife?You are the bravest man I've ever herd of.

I own an FN FiveseveN and love it. I've had it for around six months, and have only put 350 rounds through it. In that time I've experienced 100% reliability. I'm waiting on ATF approval for the transfer of a YHM SBR lower registered in 5.7x28 and .223, in order to run an 11" AR FiveseveN upper as pictured above.

The ten-round extensions for the FiveseveN mags work beautifully. I have three 20-round mags and two with the extension installed; only issue I've come across so far is finding magazine pouches that fit, and The Vest Guy seems to have that covered.

Arming your x-wife?You are the bravest man I've ever herd of.

Finally some recognition. B)

I'm not a big fan of the cartridge. In its original form the round has some promise in the PS90/P90, but it is comparitive to a Ruger Single Six 22Mag revolver in the FiveSeven pistol. When the "good" ammo was taken off the civilian market that totally made the PS90 totally unattractive to me. I have had trigger time with both the FiveSeven pistol, and the PS90 carbine. They were both accurate, and recoil was just about nonexistant. I have no faith in the ammo now availible on the civilian market after an occurance at Knob Creek. My friends and I went down to Knob Creek Range in West Point, KY. for a meet and great for another forum. We had been shooting bottles of Tannerite out at 75 yards. The rules at Knob Creek limit the placement of Tannerite at 75 yards or further. The targets had exloded reliably with .308, 7.62x39, and .223. My friend with the PS90 asked me if I wanted to try to hit one of the last bottles of Tannerite with his gun. I accepted of course. My friend and I had just finished zeroing in the PS90, and I was rather confident of my ability with it. I fired at the bottle. Nothing happened. I know that I hit the bottle, because I saw it tumble. When the range officer called a cease fire we went down range to look at the bottle. I hit it. The bullet hit the bottle about an inch and a half from the bottom. Here's the kicker....It didn't penetrate the "plastic" bottle. You could tell that bullet hit the bottle and grazed a path from the point of impact towards the top of the bottle like it followed the side as it knocked it over. We were shocked. I sat the target back in place and when the line was hot again I shot it with a 16" Bushmaster in .223 and it went boom! I will not, and can not, reccomend the PS90 because of this.

As a side note.....I just noticed that the photo for my avatar was taken at Knob Creek the day that I described in my post. Is that a coincidence or what?

what is the "good" ammo your talking about? I was almost decided for getting one of these, but now Im not so sure.

what is the "good" ammo your talking about? I was almost decided for getting one of these, but now Im not so sure.

The "good" ammo would be known as the SS190(32gr.), SS192(28gr.), and SS198(27gr.). These are restricted to law enforcement and government use.

I had the oppertunity to get one at a little over cost, and decided to go a different route after seeing the results of the gel tests. :cryss:

which ammo were the gel tests your refering done with? cause it sounds like if I cant get ahold of the restricted ammo that gunluster was speeking of then Im gonna go a different route.

I prob should have stayed out of this thread.

It was about 3 1/2 years ago. I had this chance to buy it. I also had access to a lot of test results. Since then my health took a turn in a bad direction. It effects the function of my brain. If you look back at my old posts compaired to more current ones you can see a difference. I can't even spell right half the time now. I also no longer have the employment I used to. With that went some fringe benefits...like info...

To make a long story short, I no longer have access to that test info I reffered to. There's a chance that some of the photos of the gel blocks are in the archives on arfcom.

I like the general idea behind it. I've always liked things that are outside of the box.

In short the round didn't perform aswell out of the short barrel of the handgun with the civilian ammo when it came to sheer terminal ballistics. It lacked penetration to meet the FBI's standard for penetration, and permamanet wound channel was small in comparision to larger pistol rounds. It's strong suite was being able to slip through kevlar.

Now that was before anyone I knew of started to reload for it. I'm not up to date on what can be acomplished by loading your own. I think their may be some potential to cook up a good load using the 40grain solid copper barnes bullet, and maybe even a subsonic load using pulled bullets from some surplus M855.

One of the challenges would be to get the desired performance consistantly.

Edited by cscharlie

The ss190 is the AP round, the ss192 was replaced by the ss195lf, which is just a lead free round, the ss198, from what I understand, has not been out that long. I reload some of mine with anywhere from 32gr varmint grenades to 55gr fmj, but the varmint grenades are the most fun. The ss109 bullet is steel core, 62gr.