New Converter and have some questions

I just bought a Saiga 7.62 and G2 FTG and moved it forward as seen in this vid

I have read about using bullet guides to make the Saiga accept original AK mags and had a few questions. And my gun is already 922r compliant.

1. does installing the bullet guide still require shaving the catch area.

2. i know this is just overkill but i want to buy one of these

http://whatacountry.com/ak-47romanian75-ro...ummagazine.aspx or http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct402.aspx

and wanted to know if that would fit.

3. if no to #2 then what can i do to make the drum fit or does someone make a 75 rd drum for the saiga?

Not necessarily. You have the option to mod each and every magazine you purchase instead. Some US made mags are manufactured specifically for the Saiga ($$$), and wouldn't need the mag catch modification, either.

http://whatacountry.com/ak-47romanian75-ro...ummagazine.aspx or http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct402.aspx

O course it will. You'll need to decide if you're gonna grind on a 75 round drum (and dozens of other mags) or just grind once on your mag catch, though.
I just bought a Saiga 7.62 and G2 FTG and moved it forward as seen in this vid

I have read about using bullet guides to make the Saiga accept original AK mags and had a few questions. And my gun is already 922r compliant.

3. if no to #2 then what can i do to make the drum fit or does someone make a 75 rd drum for the saiga?

I forgot to ask so

4. is there a video out there when it shows or clearly explains how to dremel the mag catch?

I would only grind on mags not the gun it self. Gun is $$$$$ mags are $$

Guns are few. Mags are plenty.

When you lose all your specially ground mags, you will still have a finely crafted Russian club.

Are your parents back from vacation, yet?

I would only grind on mags not the gun it self. Gun is $$$$$ mags are $$

Guns are few. Mags are plenty.

When you lose all your specially ground mags, you will still have a finely crafted Russian club.

Are your parents back from vacation, yet?

ROFLMFAO!!!! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: (Wiping tears from my eyes . . .)

You know nalioth, sometimes I think you can be a bit hard on folks. And sometimes, I think you may be being a bit of an asshole. Though, aren't we all at times. ;) ;) But with this guy, well . . .(see above line)

(Still catching breath . . .) :lol:

^ :lol: You posted it before I could, Raoul Duke.

Yeah, ol nalioth doesn't exactly mince words, and can be more than at little unnecessarily abrasive. He's pretty harsh on me when I shoot my mouth off, (shoot my fingers off?), half-ignorant, as I'm wont to do.

In this case though.. yeah... lmao! :lolol:

Yeah, ol nalioth doesn't exactly mince words, and can be more than at little unnecessarily abrasive. He's pretty harsh on me when I shoot my mouth off, (shoot my fingers off?), half-ignorant, as I'm wont to do.

Yeah, he can be a bit rough sometime. But then, some people need their balls busted every once in a while. And then still, some people's balls are too numb to feel the initial bustin' . . . :amazing: And you have to do it over and over and over . . .

Edited by Raoul_Duke

Yeah, he can be a bit rough sometime. But then, some people need their balls busted every once in a while. And then still, some people's balls are too numb to feel the initial bustin' . . . :amazing: And you have to do it over and over and over . . .

I think nalioth has a lot of knowledge.. but the way he comes across, at least on internet forums.. makes me think that, if I met him, I'd be about as likely to bust him one in the chops as hang out with him, (if you're reading this, I don't mean to imply any kind of threat here, nalioth.. just that you're about as harsh as Soviet toiletpaper and I'd be sorely tested not to let my fists fly, especially with a few shots in me :D).

But, for this xbox360 guy, I think a baptism by fire is appropriate. No mercy for this guy, he's annoyed me from the first day he joined this forum. I've tried to be patient, and continue to do so.. but damn.. he just invites abuse with the fairly obnoxious ignorant shit he posts, (it's mostly because he has no patience whatsoever and is cheap as hell). :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic