Which 20 rd drum to buy?

I haven't paid much attention to which is the best 20 rd drum to buy because I didn't think I needed one... well, after seeing how everyone loves them, I'd like to know which is the best drum to buy for the money and which one to stay away from. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

you don't really have a choice, you can only buy a MD20 drum. there is an expensive door stop that only works with a highly modifed shotgun but in the end you'll pay 3 to 4 times as much and it will only work on that shotgun. I have 2 MD20 drums that work on 2 different s12's with no mods to either drums or guns

you don't really have a choice, you can only buy a MD20 drum. there is an expensive door stop that only works with a highly modifed shotgun but in the end you'll pay 3 to 4 times as much and it will only work on that shotgun. I have 2 MD20 drums that work on 2 different s12's with no mods to either drums or guns

+1

That sounds good and thanks for the info. I was actually just on that site deciding if I should get one today or wait.... By the way, where in SLC are you located? We should get together and shoot sometime. I'm just in Bluffdale.

Good info here but you left out the fact that after your gun is modified to run with the aluminum drum you stand a good chance of no other mags working in that gun!

Good info here but you left out the fact that after your gun is modified to run with the aluminum drum you stand a good chance of no other mags working in that gun!

utahhandyman and hobbyshooter did you guy's ever use the AA drum? I just wonder how many people a here talk about the door stop that have used it. I have the AA 20 round and 30 round and both worked in all three of my guns. Not highly modified in fact the 30 round was used the first time I shot my 2port vodka special with bulk pack ammo. I did put a new hand guard and gunfixer gas plug on the gun but for out the box it did well. The AA 20 round is tight to put in one of the guns but so are the surefire mags in that one. But not so tight I will file down the mag catch. I thought people's biggest complaint was that the AA guy's or the old guy was a dick to some on the forum. If I had to say which to buy I would say the MD-20 it's 125.00 cheaper and lighter. If you like the fact the AA drum is metal and like to spend the extra money for the appearance then get it. But I would not call the AA a door stop.

I do like the fact the AA is lower on the gun but I bought 3 MD drums and still have one. The MD gives you more money to spend on ammo :killer: I love the gunfixer gas plug that is a must have even in a stock gun!

Edited by madmax4x4

I'll leave the comments about the AA to those that have one. I've got one MD-20 with another on the way. Works great and pisses off the Liberals! Plus, I love the looks you get at the range. LOL

The other thing to think about is that MD Arms is a business member here that supports this forum while AA is not.

It's your money though.

Corbin

That's funny to me because some folks that had the AA drum that would say they would trade it for a MD when PM'd said no it works in my gun's. I thought a bit of the band wagon effect was going on, one I was a part of when joking about AA. I'm not trying to plug AA but come on. Only the folks that it was a door stop for should call it a door stop. I already said the MD would be the one to recommend but find it hard to believe that I am the only one that has one that works in three different guns. All the AA bashing is old news just stating my honest unbiased opinion, which is the AA drum has worked for me so has the MD drum. The AA drum cost a lot more than the MD but worked for me. The MD drum worked for me to and was priced much better and it a business member on the forum. Others results me be different than my own.

My Wraithmaker has worked on my completely unmodified gun, right out of the box. There isn't a type of ammo I've put in it that it hasn't been happy with. Besides, it's wicked sexy!

Will these guys ever give up?

• Like 1
My Wraithmaker has worked on my completely unmodified gun, right out of the box. There isn't a type of ammo I've put in it that it hasn't been happy with. Besides, it's wicked sexy!

Will these guys ever give up?

Probably not.. each person they rip off means hundreds of $ in profits! :D

Anyway, Mr. Hadley.. isn't your company fixing to release a drum mag before long? Any ETA?

• Like 1

Not being politically savvy (obviously), I can only say I love my "doorstop." I love to shoot. I love to shoot everything that doesn't really beat me up. I just love guns. Now, can any of you tell me if my Saiga can run steel shot with no harm to the gun?

• Like 1

Anybody tried these.

As MDA will not ship drums to the UK this is our only option.Seems a very high quality item but is very pricey.Advantage to me is the ability to use with the magwell with the extra molot vepr conversion (I hope)

If anybody knows if the molot vepr magwell is the same as the saiga factory maybe they could let me know.Will post up a question about this separately to avoid thread hijack.

Edited by Juggernaut
Removed non con link..

Good for you.

But you will have to excuse us for being suspect!

....sniff, sniff....

• Like 1
utahhandyman and hobbyshooter did you guy's ever use the AA drum? I just wonder how many people a here talk about the door stop that have used it. I have the AA 20 round and 30 round and both worked in all three of my guns. Not highly modified in fact the 30 round was used the first time I shot my 2port vodka special with bulk pack ammo. I did put a new hand guard and gunfixer gas plug on the gun but for out the box it did well. The AA 20 round is tight to put in one of the guns but so are the surefire mags in that one. But not so tight I will file down the mag catch. I thought people's biggest complaint was that the AA guy's or the old guy was a dick to some on the forum. If I had to say which to buy I would say the MD-20 it's 125.00 cheaper and lighter. If you like the fact the AA drum is metal and like to spend the extra money for the appearance then get it. But I would not call the AA a door stop.

I do like the fact the AA is lower on the gun but I bought 3 MD drums and still have one. The MD gives you more money to spend on ammo :killer: I love the gunfixer gas plug that is a must have even in a stock gun!

Not to some, but to most!

And yes, that is part of it.

The other parts are cost, weight, and dirt.

DO NOT BUY A WRAITH MAKER!! REPEAT DO NOT BUY ONE! They are open drums! Just think about that for a minute... an open magazine/drum! How stupid is that?! Name me 5 guns that use OPEN magazines... You cant really even name ONE unless you go back to WWII and talk about the French POS that got a lot of people killed due to horrible jamming issues. If you have large openings in your magazine you are just asking for dirt and derbies to get in there and screw things up. Open mags/drums means jams/FTF/FTE, so if you like those things and want to spend a few hundred $$ to jam up your Saiga go for it!

• Like 1
I'm thinking doorstop and possible Christmas ornament!

I thought the tampon dispenser was creative...

I will say that was funny as hell anyone have the pic

Ask and ye shall receive... :lolol:

After all this time those pics still make me laugh :lolol:

• Like 1
DO NOT BUY A WRAITH MAKER!! REPEAT DO NOT BUY ONE! They are open drums! Just think about that for a minute... an open magazine/drum! How stupid is that?! Name me 5 guns that use OPEN magazines... You cant really even name ONE unless you go back to WWII and talk about the French POS that got a lot of people killed due to horrible jamming issues. If you have large openings in your magazine you are just asking for dirt and derbies to get in there and screw things up. Open mags/drums means jams/FTF/FTE, so if you like those things and want to spend a few hundred $$ to jam up your Saiga go for it!

That alone is a reason to never buy AA drum.

• Like 1

I have a single MD20, it works great!

I did have to do quite a bit of fitting but it locks in solid with no movement now :)

I read through all the bashing and crap the AA guys did, including the stuff on youtube, with that alone I will never give them any of my money.

And for some extra $ AA will sell you a ugly dust cover for their drum! :P

• Like 1
They are open drums! Just think about that for a minute... an open magazine/drum! How stupid is that?! Name me 5 guns that use OPEN magazines... You cant really even name ONE unless you go back to WWII and talk about the French POS that got a lot of people killed due to horrible jamming issues.

Uh, I think you mean the Chauchat, and that would be WW1, not WW2..... :sadam: