HELP!!!! Conversion done..test fire NO GOOD!!

So I watch the videos....several times..and I try the conversion on my S12..I THOUGHT everything was okay..until I took it to the range tonight..EVERY TIME I fire it the trigger doesn't return to full cycle..I have to flick it forward and then it will fire again..WTF did I do wrong and how do I fix it?! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

! Is the trigger hook binding in the slot (on the bottom of the receiver) if so file or dremmel some clearance.

2 Is the trigger spring right? one or both ears may need adjustment to stay where they belong.

So I watch the videos....several times..and I try the conversion on my S12..I THOUGHT everything was okay..until I took it to the range tonight..EVERY TIME I fire it the trigger doesn't return to full cycle..I have to flick it forward and then it will fire again..WTF did I do wrong and how do I fix it?! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

We have seen the exact same thing as well. Check and see if the bolt is binding on the hammer. You have to look close or you will not see it. Also, did you use the original trigger or a tapco? If you used a Tapco, you will have to grind it smooth like the original to make the clearance. Hope this helps....

It's most likely the mainspring "wandering" inward. My dad's S-12 had this exact issue the first time we took it out to test-fire after he converted it. You can take out the fcg and adjust the spring or just replace it with a US made 25% reduced power spring from CSS. My dad chose the second option and that solved the problem.

It's an easy fix if the spring is walking inward and hanging up on the trigger. Just bend the legs outward a little bit.

Like this:

DSC01852.jpg

Firing again when the trigger is forward? That could be a defective disconnector that's actually releasing the hammer before the trigger hook can catch it. Here's the thread talking about the recall on the Tapco trigger that you may have gotten.

Hope this helped.

Corbin

I had the exact same problem on one of my conversions. The front part of the trigger where it goes into the reciever was hitting slightly. A touch with a file and it was good to go. This is in the area between where the single hook or double hook part of the trigger is. Flip the gun upside down and look where the trigger goes into the gun and actuate it. Making sure it is unloaded first of course. You will immediately see the problem if this is it.

+1 on the trigger spring slipping into the trigger group. It happend to me this weekend a long while after my conversion. Do what Corbin said benging the tips a bit, it fixed mine. If you cant get it right with the bend tricl, +1 on the Carolina Shooters 25% reduced power main spring as your for sure fix.