.223 function problem

I recently converted my saiga 223 and everything seem to function fine after the conversion. My first time out to the range however, The rifle would fire, eject and load the next round but would not fire the next round. I noticed that if I pulled the charging handle a couple inches back and return forward that it would then allow me to fire. And the process repeats cuasing me to have to pull back a small amount on the charging handle after each shot. When no rounds are loaded the weapons seems to cycle and function correctly. Any suggestions or ideas on what this could be?

Make sure you've reinstalled the fire control group correctly.

I have already checked and everything seems correct. When I perform a function test it works perfect. My pistol grip bolt sticks up a little into the receiver maybe this could be the cuase for it hanging up on something.

Your hammer spring may be slipping over into the center of the trigger. Try putting a bend in the leg (Rt side, muzzle facing away), to the outside, about 2/3 of the way back from the hammer axis.

Same thing happened to me on my s12, try pushing forward on your trigger after you shoot and see if that fixes it, if it does do the above

Your hammer spring may be slipping over into the center of the trigger. Try putting a bend in the leg (Rt side, muzzle facing away), to the outside, about 2/3 of the way back from the hammer axis.

Same thing happened to me on my s12, try pushing forward on your trigger after you shoot and see if that fixes it, if it does do the above

Thanks guys, I eventually found another post here about this same problem Hopefully this is the cuase thanks again