I've seen a lot of questions, even after people are directed to use the 922r worksheet, a lot of the confusion seems to come from people not understanding that by adding a US part, it doesn't automatically decrease the number of foreign parts they have.

In response, I wrote this up today; it allows the user to select: A. Which parts he has on his firearm and B. Select the country of origin is for each part (Russian, Other, or USA).

http://jobson.us/922r/

If I made any errors, please let me know.

I've seen a lot of questions, even after people are directed to use the 922r worksheet, a lot of the confusion seems to come from people not understanding that by adding a US part, it doesn't automatically decrease the number of foreign parts they have.

In response, I wrote this up today; it allows the user to select: A. Which parts he has on his firearm and B. Select the country of origin is for each part (Russian, Other, or USA).

http://jobson.us/922r/

If I made any errors, please let me know.

If it's gonna be of use to more than Saiga owners, you need to add some receiver origin choices.

To keep the confusion down, "mounting block" should say "barrel trunnion". The rear stock tang is oft considered a "mounting block", but it is not an actual 922r countable part.

You will also want to make a note that the Saiga shotguns do not have "mounting blocks' according to the revenuers.

Edited by nalioth
  • 1 year later...

OK, here's a question about the list (and other ones). What about gas tubes? Since I put a Ultimak on my 5.45 I been wondering. It is replacing a Russian parts with a USA one.

Does it count? Didn't see it on the list.

OK, here's a question about the list (and other ones). What about gas tubes? Since I put a Ultimak on my 5.45 I been wondering. It is replacing a Russian parts with a USA one.

Does it count? Didn't see it on the list.

The gas tube does not count. What it's wearing does (if present, it counts as half a hand guard).

The gas tube does not count. What it's wearing does (if present, it counts as half a hand guard).

OK thanks nalioth, appreciate the info.

Guess that's why I never saw gas tubes on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the "muzzle attachment". My Saiga 12 shotgun does have a threaded barrel but nothing is attached to it. It does have a thread protector, is that considered a Russian muzzle attachment? What if I just unscrew it and leave it off?

BTW: The worksheet really helps, thanks.

Edited by roughneck2zero