I am having my S12 converted. This is my first AK type firearm and my first shotgun. Should I have my sites upgraded too? If so, whith which kind?

I had been thinking about an AK tower front site. If I did this should I keep the rear site or get a ghost ring?

What else should I consider?

Thanks,

Jack

As far as sights go your choices are:

1) Krebs requires rudimentary tools, easy to DIY.

2) Have a regular AK upper assembly/gas block put on and then have the regular AK sights - Probably a job for a smith, Dinzag is one who can do this.

3) Have the Tromix G3 sights welded on - unless you weld this is a job for a pro

I think the krebs is a good choice for a shotgun.

Hi guys.

I've shot stock sights, stock rear with AK styled front sight base, AK styled front and rear (Dinzag made), as well as seeing a Krebs in person (but not shooting it). Here's my thoughts, which may or may not differ from your own.....

Stock sights are OK for shot, but IMO are a bit limited for slugs with the front and rear sight being so close to each other.

saiga1.jpg

A stock rear sight with a barrel mounted Front Sight Base (or FSB) places more distance between the sights and makes for a more precise setup. It's said to sacrifice the speed at which you get the sights on target, but it's not noticable by me. This is how my Saiga is set up right now. I think Dinzag offers a FSB like this. The one I'm currently testing is not made by him, but by another business member here. Hopefully they'll be available soon. I can't say much more than that right now.

p1010020wg3.jpg

And mine:

sig5.jpg

The full AK type setup feels very familiar to those used to shooting the rifles. As far as I know, Dinzag is the only one offering to do the conversion on your shotgun for this. Juggernaut's S-12 is set up like that. So is Cobra's. Pretty sweet.

post-2093-1164948930_thumb.jpg

The Krebs sits higher than the others (though the full AK style is probably pretty close). The height makes for a quick and comfortable sight picture. This is especially true if you're using some aftermarket folding or colapsable stocks that puts your cheek weld higher than a regular AK stock.

000_1113.jpg

They say the inline stocks (those where the centerline of the stock is inline with the axis of the barrel) will kick more, but raise the muzzle less. Those with a bit of a drop in the stock (like a standard AK non-folder) will not feel like it kicks as much as the inlines, but can get a bit of muzzle climb. That's the theory anyway.

Let's not forget the HK styled sights either. I know many folks here use them:

post-6626-1192398946_thumb.jpg

If you can find them, the HALO handguard had sights on it:

IMG_1901.jpg

By the way, have you seen Cobra's "Black Widow" shotgun? Here's the thread. He's wanting to produce a full length rail with A2 styled sights on top. Very sweet if you ask me. I'll need to buy another Saiga to put one of those on now. LOL.

post-1293-1244089620_thumb.jpg

I hope this helped.

Corbin