Do not make the mistake I made and order from Diavolo arms

I still have no clue or idea why the forum owner does not get rid of his ass...Why advertise a bad business?

So far, they've just said (paraphrased) "He paid his fee, there's nothing we can do". Which makes ZERO sense. So what if he's paid his membership fee? It's not his website. :shocked:

Sure there's something "they" can do.........they can do exactly what he did; take the money, yet not provide the service.

Cut this fucker loose.

Off the top of my head , I can think of a couple Forum's that would NEVER let this kind of thread run . The customer would have been turned into the badguy or the thread just "dissapeared" . I don't know about contractural obligations or any of that , but that a paid advertiser can pretty much get balled up and thrown in the trash by the member's here actually speaks pretty good of the Saiga Forum's management . No problems with any of it , a Man ought to have to stand on his own and be judged by his work's .

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check the insides of your firearm for little BB looking pieces of metal. This is called spatter. It is little pieces of molten steel that fly around & stick to metal when M.I.G. welding, if proper

I almost gave this guy my S12 yesterday ... He's always at the Miami Gun Show hocking Saigas and AKs. I started talking to him about getting mine converted and the internals polished, but he was only

Posted Images

There was a similar situation on a different gun forum I frequent. A long time vendor sells trigger kits and various accessories for a type of rimfire rifle. For months and months, people would post threads like "I payed for something and waited 12 weeks, emailed the guy every day, tried calling, and my stuff never showed up. What's going on?" The threads would get locked to avoid drama, but left up for all to read.

Now the vendor over there didn't have his own forum or paid advertisements. People have been slowly getting the message that the guy was unreliable. Some people place an order and get their stuff in a few days, other people's orders disappear into a black hole and have to dispute the charges. The mods and forum owner over there figured that since there's no business partnership going on, they'll just leave it up to people to do a search and educate themselves on the situation.

Besides, if the forum can help people learn who NOT to give business to, it can only help the rest of the business members by steering customers away from the bad egg.

Gunyboy69 I had the same problem as you when I received my rifle. The bolt wouldn't even come back. I had to take the mag adapter off. I then realized that I had to get the mag adapter off with pliers and a rubber hammer. I then realized that he didn't even mill the trunnion out properly and he just hammered my ar mag adapter in there. The mag adapter was in bad shape and so was the rifle. I have been dremelling little by little everyday when I get time so hopefully I'll have it right.

With all due respect to those who say it is enough simply to allow the criticism of this vendor to stand, it is documented in this thread: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=31040 that Alliance Armament had its status as a business member with its own section of the forum pulled. AA and its sock puppets/ shills were causing all sorts of mischief on the forum as well as having highly questionable business practices, so in some ways they were a far more severe case than Diavolo Arms, BUT I really hope this doesn't have to rise to THAT level before Max does the right thing.

I have benefited from this forum, and I have not been a contributing member in the past, and I recognize that $100 per month from a business member like Diavolo Arms pays for a lot of bandwidth. I have dealt with multiple vendors on this forum, and all of them have delivered to my full satisfaction. I do not think it is right for their reputations to be tarnished by the actions of one bad egg. And so, I am going to offer to put my money where my mouth is. If the forum owner drops Diavolo Arms and stops their ads by midnight, friday 9/11, I will make a one-time contribution of $100. This is intended as a gesture of my personal gratitude to this forum and its fantastic vendors and as a mostly symbolic repayment for some of the lost income to the forum owners that would result from dropping this moron as an advertiser.

I also want to challenge my fellow forum members who want to see this moron gone to join me and offer to put their money where their mouth is. Is anybody with me?

As a fellow Business Member on this site, and one who you have done business with, I think it's absurd that this crook has been allowed to stay here as long as he has. It's not fair to ask the membership to pay one dime to get rid of him, and his shoddy practices. Who knows how many have already been ripped off by the lies and shitty workmanship?

well, if we were voting, I'd say..

thumbs-down.jpg

If I could remove the section... I would....

However, Max is wise and I trust his judgment....

As a fellow Business Member on this site, and one who you have done business with, I think it's absurd that this crook has been allowed to stay here as long as he has. It's not fair to ask the membership to pay one dime to get rid of him, and his shoddy practices. Who knows how many have already been ripped off by the lies and shitty workmanship?

I respect your point of view, Cobra, and I guess I don't really disagree with you, I just want to find a positive way to be part of the solution. Plus, I'm feeling a bit overdue to give back to the forum that has helped me so much. I also want to be respectful of the fact that this forum is somebody's online property. As a non-contributor, what right do I have to make demands of the forum owners? If I were a contributing member or a business member like you, Cobra, I would be singing a different tune, believe me.

I guess if I had a neighbor whose dead tree was leaning precariously over my garage, I'd offer to help defray part of the cost of its removal even though by all rights he should have dealt with it long ago without me asking. Things just go more smoothly that way. But I really do respect your point of view on this issue.

I'm not exactly sure what he did to my gun,but it doesn't cycle anymore. It did before I sent it to him,but now it binds up.

Check the insides of your firearm for little BB looking pieces of metal. This is called spatter. It is little pieces of molten steel that fly around & stick to metal when M.I.G. welding, if proper precautions are not taken.

His weld shows that he does not clean up his work, so you might have spatter on the rails, in the gas tube, or anywhere else where parts must slide. This is one thing that would cause binding.

I insert steel guard plates before I spark up my welders to avoid this possibility.

If he neglects his welds finish, I doubt that he protects surfaces adjacent to his welds.

Edit. Spatter can usually be knocked off with a chisel. No need to grind, usually.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

I'd give this until the end of the month (assuming business memberships are paid from first of the month to the end of the month) since it seems maybe he's paid through September. Until then, I would just try to keep this thread near the top to keep new members from being screwed.

Well, Diavolo is gone. It wasn't by midnight the 11th, but at some point his section of the forum and his ads seem to have disappeared. Of course on the saiga-12.com site, it is visible still, but the graphic links to nowhere. I'm not going to give $100, but as soon as the functionality has been restored, I am still going to become a contributing member of the forum, because I am pleased that this has finally been resolved, and out of gratitude for the good info I've gained from this forum. Thank you, Max.

• 4 years later...

I almost gave this guy my S12 yesterday ... He's always at the Miami Gun Show hocking Saigas and AKs. I started talking to him about getting mine converted and the internals polished, but he was only interested in trying to sell one of his on the table. Even implied mine was not as good as what he sells. LOL

Glad I trusted my gut and found this thread today.

• Like 1