922r pistol grip help for a newby

OK..im new so I need some slack and I throw myself at the mercy of the SAIGA GURUS.

I am about to buy a SAIGA 12. I should have it in hand by next week. I want a AR style pistol grip stock like this:(click here to see)

And i would like to get a high cap mag, maybe even a drum.

because of this, i know I will have to change some of the parts on the gun to be 922r compliant. What are the easiest parts to change out. I am not overly mechanically inclined, so please keep that in mind.

Are there ready made kits available?

Edited by bigmikefromolemiss
OK..im new so I need some slack and I throw myself at the mercy of the SAIGA GURUS.

I am about to buy a SAIGA 12. I should have it in hand by next week. I want a AR style pistol grip stock like this:(click here to see)

because of this, i know I will have to change some of the parts on the gun to be 922r compliant. What are the easiest parts to change out. I am not overly mechanically inclined, so please keep that in mind.

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaVerifyCompliance

De-click the items you can permanently remove, or replace with U.S. made parts until the box at the bottom says "compliant".

Enjoy.

Welcome to the Saiga club. Keep reading and rereading all the threads on this site. You should go ahead and convert your

Saiga. I was like you. Intimidated to try to convert, was going to have someone do it for me at extra cost. But the great

people on this site told me to do it myself. Why pay more, why have someone else do it for you when you can have the satisfaction of doing it yourself and besides you really get to know the workings of these guns. That is what they told me.

Then Sopmod (thanks buddy, you were right!!) sent a link to a conversion video. I watched and decided to do it myself.

Now you want to talk about not mechanically inclined? If there was a definition of it in a dictionary my picture would be

there. I just did my conversion this past sunday and it works!! I did it!! If I can do it anyone can do it. The gun looks way more cool the tigger is way better!!and now it's out to the range to shoot it. All the guys were right, the satisfaction of doing it myself is great! I've never done any conversion on any gun before, and now I can say bring it on, I can can do it.

THANKS TO ALL THE SAIGA DUDES YOU ALL ROCK!! Take your new gun out and shoot it alot as it is out of the box. Make sure it works with all loads. Check for the number of gas ports and make sure they are clear. Go to youtube.com and type in Saiga conversion and watch. The guys on this forum will guide you thru conversion. DO IT!!

Oh, make sure you look at all the parts options before you buy. Get the the Tromix DIY tigger guard and FCG

Good luck!!

Look up Jack, in the search, put his user name jdtravers send him a PM, he will help you,...

he did the work on my saiga12 and made a custom trigger guard and pistol grip post, so i can install any AR grip on it.

OK, help me get this straight in my head.

So lets say my shotgun is converted and I put a pistol grip and collapsable butt-stock on it.

In that case to be 922r compliant, I must change 3 other parts out. Is that correct?

If that is correct, what 3 parts do people normally change out?

Im trying to read and learn on my own, but some of the wording and etc is throwing me off a little bit. Isnt our government great.

Edited by bigmikefromolemiss
OK, help me get this straight in my head.

So lets say my shotgun is converted and I put a pistol grip and collapsable butt-stock on it.

In that case to be 922r compliant, I must change 3 other parts out. Is that correct?

If that is correct, what 3 parts do people normally change out?

Im trying to read and learn on my own, but some of the wording and etc is throwing me off a little bit. Isnt our government great.

The remaining 3 parts would be the trigger group. (trigger, hammer, disconnector).

go to this site and it will help you with the 922 stuff,.... http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaVerifyCompliance

Hey, thanks. Yeah i check that site out. Im dense i guess.

Im slowly getting it i think.

oh wow...the magazine counts as 3 parts. If i put the m4 buttstock on it and use a usa mag or drum, then im golden. please correct me if I am wrong.

go to this site and it will help you with the 922 stuff,.... http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaVerifyCompliance

oh wow...the magazine counts as 3 parts. If i put the m4 buttstock on it and use a usa mag or drum, then im golden. please correct me if I am wrong.

It does but it is not recommended to use mags for compliance just due to the fact that you can't use your factory 5 rounder which is the best mag available to us in the US.

It does but it is not recommended to use mags for compliance just due to the fact that you can't use your factory 5 rounder which is the best mag available to us in the US.

oh ok...i gottcha. This is all finally becoming clear to me. I understand the concern, however, because my boys right down the road from me at Mississippi Auto Arms have some high cap USA mags in stock, I think imma go that route.