Mac 90 Folding stock

Can I put a folding stock on my Mac 90, and it still be legal ? Far as I know all they ever had was a thumhole stock(course I dont know much,..LOL) thanks all, JT.

You will need to make sure you have at least 5 US made parts on it (6 if the muzzle is threaded) to be legal. If you live in kali or sopme other communist shithole the rules will vary.

If it was a thumbhole stock it may well have a slant cut receiver will need a special butt stock to look right. Also, you will have to comply with 922R to legally make the changes, as opined by Surly. You will then need a full length pistol grip bolt.

• Like 1
If it was a thumbhole stock it may well have a slant cut receiver will need a special butt stock to look right. Also, you will have to comply with 922R to legally make the changes, as opined by Surly. You will then need a full length pistol grip bolt.

Thanks alot guys for the info,I had to braze the pistol grip bolt to extend it,I dont think the receiver is a slant. Is it ok to post a pick beings it isnt fully compliant yet ?I took the folder off a Butler Creek stock that i had a 10/22 on, cut the pistol grip off an got a big washer holding it on,could fill the handle on that end with plastic but the big washer kinda grew on me LOL, i like it and its sturdy too, cut the stock and reweilded it to shorten it anyway I like it and will post a pick if it's ok, thanks again,..JT.