How many 12 gauge shells should you have

Plus the guys up here are fricken wierd.. Bring an AK to the local rifle range and everyone gives you funny looks.. and occasionally some flat out leave.. Rifle range is mainly filled with guys in their 60s with bolt action rifles.

You have to remember that THOSE GUYS are the very same ones that ( very likely ) found themselves on the WRONG END of an AK47 at some point in their lives if they ever served time in combat in the military... And with that thought... it probably brings back lots of strange mental tweaks... that they have to leave before they start to have serious flashbacks... and run screaming into the bushes to look for "charlies'" hidey holes and tripwires... :up:

:smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

I try to keep 1000 around. Seems these days, most of it is wally world stuff since it's convenient to grab a box while out getting other stuff.

Don't feel bad Volkov.... At the range I used to go to, you'd get funny looks and even some snide remarks if you pulled out anything that throws brass.. Bunch of old guys with rainbow colored .17's shooting from a vise at 100yards...

• Like 1

Well, I have 500 less rounds after yesterday... We needed a bunch of number 6 shot for the club, so I sold the club two flats of 12 gauge Remington #6 loads... I think I paid 30 bucks a flat from bass pro on sale... and sold them for 70 bucks a flat! I just sold them to the club at ONE PENNY over current price. The club would have had to buy them anyways... I might as well get the profit, instead of the big store!

Gotta love an $80 dollar profit to do nothing but warehouse ammo for a few months... :up:

Haha chevymann, yeah they all use vises on my range too and it's 100 yards.. and your right Indy, that hadn't occurred to me, I guess I prefer them giving me funny looks to flipping out and shooting at me.. I'll have to borrow my buddies ar-15 some day and see if I get the same reaction from them.

• 2 months later...

And for you who break it down , how 'bout refining it further by length and Standard/Magnum? As previously mentioned, I'm thinking 10K in cans to feed Abomination plus a few more K preloaded into sticks and drums, but need to figure out a good breakdown between lengths, pressures and standard versus "special" loads... aside from the "Mordechai Byreika Specials", which I don't ever foresee actually using and figure only two or three mags for display use. (And which will turn the S12 into a bolt-action for each shot with 'em and are limited to conversational-range only... not that wooden stakes would have a lotta penetration anyway.)

Edited by Diamondback
  • 2 months later...

a FEW THOUSAND preloaded into sticks and drums...

Hmm... Thats all well and good theoretically... but I guess HOW would you move them anywhere??

lets figure "a few thousand" = 3 thousand at 1.5 ounces each... ( ounce and an eighth load plus the rest of the shell ) comes out to 280 pounds of JUST bullets... not counting the magazines...

When it comes time to "bug out" you better have a BIG "bug out bag" or a hand dolly... Cause I dunno about you... thats too much for me to carry around conveniently... LOL

Sounds GREAT, though! :up:

• 1 month later...

Ya know... I guess I cant moderate the poll... so I am just going to close this... I think we all know by now HOW many rounds we gotta have... the poll is really just bumping this pointlessly... and Lord knows I have TRIED to close the poll about 6 times now...