I FINISHED THANK GOD, PICS!

well there might be a problem,,,,,,,,, the 2 hammer pins[stick out of the side from left to right]((one if coverd by the safety lever)) mainly the BHO one, they tend to pop out of stocket!!!!!! this isnt good! I saw it pop out and I saw the spring for the BHO I had to push it back in, whats going on with that?? :( yes I nstalled my BHO

DSCF6595.jpg

Edited by xbox360

UG dry fire BHO popped offf

Did you install your retaining plate/wire, shepards crook, e-clips, hitch pins, or anything on those pins.

????????????? I tryed to reinstall the retaining plate but didnt work, do I need it to fire the gun or no,? I dry fired and it didnt look like I needed it to fire, then again I could be wrOng

Edited by xbox360
Yes!!!!!!!!!

It's what holds the hammer and trigger pins in the receiver.

Read through some of These. threads about retaining plates.

I reuse the factory wire and bend it to fit.

receiver.jpg

so the long retaining wire[1inch long then coiled up and then 4-6inches long] must be rapped around like that? is it rapped on each pin or is it UNDER them lining????

Everything attaches to the left side of the pins and safety lever.

I cut some of the coiled spring off to give me a loop then bent the wire to fit the small groove providing tension on the pins. At the front I make a small loop and fits over the hammer pin then under the trigger pin then held tight by the safety lever.

Here is a tutorial Cobra76Two showing different ways to make and install the wires.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=11518

But if you have a retaining plate use it. It's much easier to install.

Edited by Superhawk138
Everything attaches to the left side of the pins and safety lever.

I cut some of the coiled spring off to give me a loop then bent the wire to fit the small groove providing tension on the pins. At the front I make a small loop and fits over the hammer pin then under the trigger pin then held tight by the safety lever.

Here is a tutorial Cobra76Two showing different ways to make and install the wires.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=11518

But if you have a retaining plate use it. It's much easier to install.

cant seam to get the wire to bend to my a home made retaining plate -.- ..... I was bending it then it popped back and slamed my finger. looks like I have to order one, do they all fit? most I find say for ak 47 but ak 47 is the same recever

I will buy a retaining plate soon.

Edited by xbox360
post-1914-1244343440_thumb.jpg

I have nothing else constructive to add

well if he actually manages to finish this up and not kill himself, we should make this as an example - conversion is so simple - an idiot can do it - here is our proof! :devil:

well if he actually manages to finish this up and not kill himself (as in putting xbox into a box), we should make this as an example - conversion is so simple - an idiot can do it - here is our proof! :devil:

+1 :victory:

well if he actually manages to finish this up and not kill himself (as in putting xbox into a box), we should make this as an example - conversion is so simple - an idiot can do it - here is our proof! :devil:

well if he actually manages to finish this up, we should make this as an example - conversion is so simple - an idiot can do it - here is our proof! :devil:

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Edited by xbox360

I am going to congratulate you on you efforts and the willingness to ask even the noobish of questions at times. But you are a great example that anybody can go through with the conversion. They may be poking fun of you but they would also give you advice to your situation if they needed to. Now get your retaining plate installed and give us a range report.

BTW You should have got a PS3 :haha:

xbox360,

Almost everyone here who has done their own conversions has had moments like yours. Just take the good with the bad and learn from both. Your project looks fine but before you do live fire, make absolutely sure everything is in order. There are many forum tutorials and pictures for you to browse over to make sure you're cool. Remember that this is a learning process and you are doing this for the first time. Patience and understanding the mechanics of the tool is the key. You should not leave anything out, such as the trigger and hammer pin retainer.

Good luck.

nyclu3

I am going to congratulate you on you efforts and the willingness to ask even the noobish of questions at times. But you are a great example that anybody can go through with the conversion. They may be poking fun of you but they would also give you advice to your situation if they needed to. Now get your retaining plate installed and give us a range report.

BTW You should have got a PS3 :haha:

why do I need a ps3? I might have one you dont know..

xbox360,

Almost everyone here who has done their own conversions has had moments like yours. Just take the good with the bad and learn from both. Your project looks fine but before you do live fire, make absolutely sure everything is in order. There are many forum tutorials and pictures for you to browse over to make sure you're cool. Remember that this is a learning process and you are doing this for the first time. Patience and understanding the mechanics of the tool is the key. You should not leave anything out, such as the trigger and hammer pin retainer.

Good luck.

nyclu3

I got the pins in but they arnt in all the way, pop out when I dry fire, that is why I will be looking for a retaining PIN, I hope its not because my hammer edge is a little lop sided. I tryed to get it even

I got the pins in but they arnt in all the way, pop out when I dry fire, that is why I will be looking for a retaining PIN, I hope its not because my hammer edge is a little lop sided. I tryed to get it even

You just answered your own question. Pay attention. Your pins are popping out because there is nothing holding them in... like a retaining pin.