Ok, I will give you some constructive critisism. There is no reason for the AR carry handle or Z rail. They make it harder to use the scope, so take them off. Mount your scope directly on your side mount scope rail.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo...."unconverted"?????????...unconverted on what??..........that's what im talking about,...who die and put you in charge of setting the "standard" of convertions?.......i can keep going on with th

So you already owned all that bullshit that you hung on it I guess?

I'm not some kind of judge, I just have an opinion like everybody else. You did ask for opinions, did you not?     Oh the Irony.   Yeah, actually I figured you were a troll because I couldn'

Posted Images

Ok, I will give you some constructive critisism. There is no reason for the AR carry handle or Z rail. They make it harder to use the scope, so take them off. Mount your scope directly on your side mount scope rail.

Thank you for your advice.I will try it to see how it fits.

Thank you again.

Thank you for your advice.I will try it to see how it fits.

Thank you again.

Hmmmmm..........

Kiss your ass ??? I think not.................

I realize you think your unconverted S-20 with all your bullshit all over it is the coolest thing you've ever seen, but you've entered a dimension that is unswayed by MallNinja thought.............

Most of the innovation, and nearly all of the recognized "standard" for Saiga conversions has sprung from this very Forum, which you have now characterized as sad, ignorant, and stupid, based on your own personal choices for your "conversion". (used the term loosely......)

It's your gun, and it's your choice how you "decorate" it........... Doesn't mean we won't laugh at you as a result of those choices.................

Hmmmmm..........

I realize you think your unconverted S-20 with all your bullshit all over it is the coolest thing you've ever seen, but you've entered a dimension that is unswayed by MallNinja thought.............

Most of the innovation, and nearly all of the recognized "standard" for Saiga conversions has sprung from this very Forum, which you have now characterized as sad, ignorant, and stupid, based on your own personal choices for your "conversion". (used the term loosely......)

It's your gun, and it's your choice how you "decorate" it........... Doesn't mean we won't laugh at you as a result of those choices.................

Yo...."unconverted"?????????...unconverted on what??..........that's what im talking about,...who die and put you in charge of setting the "standard" of convertions?.......i can keep going on with this forever,but is not whorth it.....u just confirm what i was saying,that you believe yourself and the rest of your allies with enough influence to dictated the way a "convertion/customization" will be,or,even worst,be the "judge" of the rest.

Ignorance is the name of your modification,Mr "judge"....unconverted!...ja,ja.....

"...and nearly all of the recognized "standard" for Saiga conversions has sprung from this very Forum"...(quote)

really?

and FOR THE LAST TIME,........Dude....suck it!.....if i decided to paint it in your favorite color( PINK),still is my gun,my problem and my taste,my money,and when i said at the first post of mine at this forum...."....hope you guys like it"....didn't think that was enough to put your and your friends stupidity and ignorance in movement.....

You call it crap,attention caller,stupid,useless,decorated,etc,etc,.....it is my interpretation that you don't like it?....NOTED.

Edited by DOOMSDAYCREW
  • Like 1
Hmmmmm..........

Oh...almost forgot,..."Jeaux".....Embrassez mon âne

This is how we do things around here. :smoke:

post-2727-1244504073_thumb.jpg

But by all means, build yours how you like it. It's your baby.

---Catter

Thanx for your input. I respect the way you like your weapon,but didn't know it was a "standard" of customization,or things supposed to be in some specific way around here,to have a decent and civilized response,even if you don't like the gun.

"...Individualism is the moral stance, political philosophy, ideology, or social outlook that stresses independence and self-reliance. Individualists promote the exercise of one's goals and desires, while opposing most external interference upon one's choices, whether by society, or any other group or institution"...

Dude, don't get mad. I'll second Twinsens advice and even give some of my own. Move the trigger group forward, if you like it now, you will like it even more after you convert it. You can even leave it all dressed up, if thats how you like it, but it will be more functional.

This is how we do things around here. :smoke:

post-2727-1244504073_thumb.jpg

But by all means, build yours how you like it. It's your baby.

---Catter

Thanx for your input. I respect the way you like your weapon,but didn't know it was a "standard" of customization,or things supposed to be in some specific way around here,to have a decent and civilized response,even if you don't like the gun.

"...Individualism is the moral stance, political philosophy, ideology, or social outlook that stresses independence and self-reliance. Individualists promote the exercise of one's goals and desires, while opposing most external interference upon one's choices, whether by society, or any other group or institution"...

Customizing a weapon is an attempt to improve the function of the weapon is a worthy goal.

Bolting shit on to make on look cool is not.

Do not be pissed off when you are called on it. Especially when you post photos on a website and ask for opinions.

Personally, I would be happy if "doomsdaycrew" would just type with correct grammar and punctuation.

That said...

Mr. Crew is pretty mouthy considering he got his dick dragged in the dirt by asking what people thought of his shotty...

I personally LIKE seeing FUNCTIONAL equipment on a firearm... I think that scope is pretty cool... I too would like to know more about it, the brand, cost, features, etc...

Would I put it on a SHOTGUN?!? probably not... but then I want more info on the optic before I would make that call...

A BIPOD mounted to the END of the barrel with a clamp on connector?!?! Really?? you DO understand that barrel flex is a key to firearm accuracy... the more you impede the firearm's natural flex the less likely you will be able to maintain a CONSISTENT accuracy....

I MUST ALSO AGREE that mounting a scope to a rail that is mounted to a carry handle that is mounted to a rail on a side rail mount is just triply redundant in a negative way!! Mount the optic to the ORIGINAL RAIL, or lose the optic and use the carry handle... its one or the other... both just screams " I am a fool who doesnt KNOW shit about firearm function, or accessory purpose. " I am sorry but thats just the way it is, regardless of what you think, we arent teasing you... we are trying to help you understand the folly of your way!

Do you want to SHOOT and actually HIT your target?!? or do you just want to have a gun that LOOKS COOL!?!??

How will you see the RED laser dot when you have the green laser overpowering it?? Or do you NOT plan to actually USE the lasers as a sighting option? Cause IF YOU DO... to have them BOTH on target would mean that they BOTH are hitting the EXACT SAME SPOT... and anyone who has USED both green and red lasers will know that the GREEN will totally overpower the red hands down! Then... do you plan to be using the scope to sight in on the illuminated dot as well? The crosshairs should cover most of the dot at any relatively close ranges... It will be a worthy challenge to get all three items aligned to the bullet impact point and be correct at any but ONE specific range distance!!

What I find MOST amusing is the fact that you scoff at Bob Ash... He is one of the most knowledgeable individuals in the NATIONAL firearms community... working closely with Tony Rumore at Tromix weapons systems... a business you clearly have no knowledge about... and I would recommend you check them out... Very cool stuff indeed... They actually BUILD firearms... not only just tweak them... but start with chunks of metal and CREATE firearms from them... Very different from seeing how much shit you can dangle from as many rails as you can fit...

With all that said... I still dont understand why you get your panties in a cinch when people tell you ( after you have asked their opinions) that they think your shotgun is "mall ninja'd" to the point of being nearly a joke... Your avatar just about sums up what you have come across as trying to accomplish with your shotgun creation...

I could go on and on... but like my signature states... There are those you just cannot get to see the folly of their ways...

OH... I DO have one other question... How much does all that WEIGH?!?!?

:smoke:

He might just not know, calm down everybody.

You want whatever optics you are using to be as close to the bore as possible. This will make for less discrepancy at different distances. Imagine the bullet shoots straight out and as it goes along, it loses speed because of air resistance and accelerates downwards 9.8meters/sec (gravity). So it goes straight out and is curving down hard. You pick a point in that curve down to point your sights at, 100, 200, or 300 yards is common with rifles, and 50 yards is common with shotguns and .22LR. So your sights, being above the bore, are pointed downwards slightly to match that spot that the bullet has dropped to at that distance. So if the scope is ten feet above the bore, the angle would have to be very sharp, and your shots are only going to be anywhere near your target at the exact distance that you are scoped in at, they'll be far off when closer, and far off when further. If you bring the scope and bore as close together as possible, your shots will be closer to your target at different ranges. This is huge when not firing at a known distance target, and is also desirable for a moving target.

You also want to "weld" your cheek to something so that every time you fire, your eye is looking down your sights or scope in the exact same manner. This either means directly to your stock, or to a cheek piece which attaches to the stock. AK's have a drop in the stock, so if I was you I'd get a cheek piece so that I could weld my cheek in the same spot each time. You don't want your head moving around independently of the rifle, you want them stuck together to decrease any inconsistency and therefore increase accuracy.

I'd also do the other thing that has been suggested by the guys, convert the gun to its original intended configuration. This will improve your trigger (more accurate gun), get you back on target faster, have a shorter gun, have the gun closer to you (this improves everything you do, all manipulations are easier), and uh... well... it'll look cool.

Sorry about the guys, we're a tight knit group and I guess there's a bit of "Us And Them" going on. For the record, Cobra and Bob Ash forget more daily about these Saigas than we will know. A lot of the other guys do too, but you'll find that out later. Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Twinsen
Well i don't know about you guys but i have definitly gotten something out of all this...

My new favorite motivational poster...

bbl-shroud.jpg

Hahahahaha yep...I copied that one too ...lol. I think I may get some milage out of that.... :lolol:

Well that was a first...First time I've ever had chocolate milk squirt out of both nostrils at the same time :cryss: I would seriously not want to run an obstacle course or any other course for that matter with all of the weight, but if that is your style, then do as you wish.

One thing that has been alluded to, but not directly addressed is the fact that hanging all that stuff on there adds bulk and weight.

A shotgun is already heavy enough.

And well, it IS a shotgun!

Hopefully, once you've been around here for a while, done a few SEARCHES and read several threads on the subject, you will see what Bob, J, and Cobra mean.

(Edit to add): I didn't read GeorgiaPD's post before responding.

He did address the weight.

But who cares what some Georgia cop thinks! :haha:

Edited by Will

Will,

I can tell you that nobody in my patrol area cares what I think, that's for sure!!! :lolol:

That gun has got to be somewhere close to 16 or more pounds. I'm sweating just thinking about hauling it around. But once again, if that is what he likes then more power and muscles to him. :super:

Put a doughnut holder (and maybe that cup holder that was mentioned) on the end of the barrel and I bet you'd smoke through any obstacle course just trying to get it. :P

Sorry, I just had to.

Put a doughnut holder (and maybe that cup holder that was mentioned) on the end of the barrel and I bet you'd smoke through any obstacle course just trying to get it. :P

Sorry, I just had to.

Damn good idea!

Me and GaPD can appreciate that one!

Will,

I can tell you that nobody in my patrol area cares what I think, that's for sure!!! :lolol:

That gun has got to be somewhere close to 16 or more pounds. I'm sweating just thinking about hauling it around. But once again, if that is what he likes then more power and muscles to him. :super:

I want to see it not only put in a cruiser rack, but then taken out of the vehicle in anything resembling a timely manner!