I picked the Saiga because I needed a "project". As it turned out, it was a very good project. One that took far less time than I had anticipated. The rifle is done; it looks good; it functions well. Now what? I don't have anything to do.

I'm trying to talk a couple of guys at work to get Saigas so I can help them do the conversions. I don't want to build another one for myself; one is enough. I don't think the market is good enough to re-sell converted Saigas.

What did you guys do? How'd you quit? Cold turkey? A 30-day rehab SPA? How does a 12-step program relate?

I need help. :cryss::rolleyes:

Edited by TedG954

The best thing about having a firearm hobby is that I can stop any time, I just need one more, then I'll be finished buying them, then I'll need one more mag, then I'll be finished, then a few more boxes of ammo, then I'll be finished, then one more firearm, then I'll be finished...

I started last year with a 4 guns, now I have somewhere around 20, I know getting the C&R license was a huge contributor to that number. My brother just brought over a Swedish Mauser, he was asking $300 for it, I took a quick look at it and said, "Sorry, I can't pay you $300 for it." He says, "What?!?! Why?!?" I say back, "Well, you see this SA stamp, that means it was owned by the Finnish Army, so I'll have to give you $600." That's okay, though, because as I said, I just need one more.

What did you guys do? How'd you quit? Cold turkey? A 30-day rehab SPA? How does a 12-step program relate?

I need help. :cryss::rolleyes:

My dealer showed me an S-12 and I said 'Oh yeah! That's one of those shotguns everyone is talking about.' So I bought it. After some initial research I found about all the wonderful converting you can do to it... Of course I couldn't because I lived in a commie state at the time. Solution? Buy a rifle (or 3) so I can convert those! I started with a .223 (not allowed to have a 7.62x39), went to a second .223 then a .308. When I finally moved I converted the S-12. It's a fun project.

The best thing about having a firearm hobby is that I can stop any time, I just need one more, then I'll be finished buying them, then I'll need one more mag, then I'll be finished, then a few more boxes of ammo, then I'll be finished, then one more firearm, then I'll be finished...

Wait a minute - vbrtrmn - why are you reading my mind and posting it on that internet thingy where my wife can see it? :ded:

Buy mags,good ones

june82009022.jpg

Then when you have about 50 mags for your rifle then fill them all with ammo.

Disposable Cash

Somebody is obsessed .........

LOL,I have more.That's just what I load up for the stuff I am currently shooting and working on(Saiga/AK104,Arsenal Krink,Saiga 308,Glock) but I must admit that the Bulgarian Waffles came from Progressive Arms for $9ea many moons ago.

Edited by SOPMOD
  • 3 weeks later...

You a lot of guys seem to "finish" their firearm faster then me. Mine has been restored/converted for a few months. but there are several mods I would like to do to it.

I would like to refinish the firearm with Parkerizeing.

I need to correct the forward travel on my trigger.

I want the barrel to be 18.5" with the muzzle device attached.

I want a short piece of Picatinny rail attached to the underside of my gas block.

I need to fabricate a front sling mount to go with my Tromix hand guard.

I would like to make my H&K sights more visible during the night.

I would, ... well you get the idea, for me there is a lot of tweaking to get one perfict!