How does an ak47 bolt work?

Was wondering if someone can explain in simple terms how an ak47 bolt work in battery, I know it rotates but if someone could explain the whole process from start to finish I would appreciate it. I mean from the moment the trigger is pulled.

Thanks ahead of time for replies.

Was wondering if someone can explain in simple terms how an ak47 bolt work in battery, I know it rotates but if someone could explain the whole process from start to finish I would appreciate it. I mean from the moment the trigger is pulled.

Here is a little animation that shows the process of firing and stripping a round from the mag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQe864rGLyk...feature=related

the video is close however then piston only unlocks the bolt, the brass casing is then driven rear ward against the bolt buy the expanding charge. instead of the bolt pulling the brass case out of the chamber.

Edited by scarey

Here is a little animation that shows the process of firing and stripping a round from the mag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQe864rGLyk...feature=related

Thank you very much. That was a great vid, helped me understand a lot.

the video is close however then piston only unlocks the bolt, the brass casing is then driven rear ward against the bolt buy the expanding charge. instead of the bolt pulling the brass case out of the chamber.

Thanks for explaining the process better scarey, I am trying to wrap my mind around the whole process and want to understand it fully.

Thanks

Thanks for explaining the process better scarey, I am trying to wrap my mind around the whole process and want to understand it fully.

Thanks

I am trying to replace the extractor and spring, the site I read says drift the pin out with a punch but the pin wpn't drift, won't punch either, its stuck like chuck, has anyone encountered this and wad u do ??

Oh brother. I wish people would stop talking out of their arses in the gun world.

Yes the piston is doing the most of its pushing the first few cm of travel, but it's the inertia of the bolt carrier that completes the cycle. The bolt IS pulling on the case, that's why the extractor is as large as it is. That's how rotating bolt guns operate. By the time the bolt unlocks, there is not enough chamber pressure to cycle the bolt by pushing on it with the case as with blowback/recoil operated guns. Often times there's not enough to even unseat the expanded case from the chamber which is why HK fluted the chambers in G3s. Take a look at the claw marks on your case rim if you think there's no pulling happening there.

Edited by AK-308

Oh brother. I wish people would stop talking out of their arses in the gun world.

Yes the piston is doing the most of its pushing the first few cm of travel, but it's the inertia of the bolt carrier that completes the cycle. The bolt IS pulling on the case, that's why the extractor is as large as it is. That's how rotating bolt guns operate. By the time the bolt unlocks, there is not enough chamber pressure to cycle the bolt by pushing on it with the case as with blowback/recoil operated guns. Often times there's not enough to even unseat the expanded case from the chamber which is why HK fluted the chambers in G3s. Take a look at the claw marks on your case rim if you think there's no pulling happening there.

Not to mention that the carrier moves a bit on its own before pulling the bolt back. The reason for this is to keep the bolt from moving and opening up the chamber until the pressure in the chamber drops. You do NOT want the bolt coming off the chamber with any real pressure still in there. This is why HK uses a DELAYED action. If AKs were truly blowback actions as scarey claims, they'd blow up in the users face on the first shot.