What do you carry your Saiga 12 in????

I've been looking for a nice case for the range but, nothing has made me jump, so was just wondering what others have been using???

*shrug* If you've got a restored S-12 with an internal block, (or welded-on back plate), and a folding stock, your carry options open up quite a bit. She's then short enough that any case/bag outside of a pistol case will do. Lately I'd just been tossing mine, (folded), into a small duffel for the short trip to "the range", (out in the hills). I probably will buy a purpose-made case/bag for her soonish, but it's hardly a priority.

I've got 2 hard cases for when i go to the range. I like the double rifle cases becaws you can either pack the S-12 with another gun, or you can pack your mags in with it also. My single case is just a plastic flambeau, the aluminum double case is a vanguard.

look around for something on sale, i got my double case when it was $60 off original price.

I have a midwayusa soft AK rifle bag and a Tommy gun Violin hard case.

The AK rifle bag middle mag pockets are too small for S12 mags, but the outer 2 pockets fit AGP & Surefire pretty good. There is also a long big deep pocket up by the barrel that fits more mags. It fits my "long" S12 perfect (vented polychoke on a 19" gun, tapco stock with a limbsaver).

The tommy gun violin case fits a 19" S12 with a folded stock, 2 12 rnd surefire mags, and an AGP.

My wife bought a case for it. I would have loved a hardcase but she bought a J.W. Hulme 'Designer' case in Green canvas and leather.

Yes it's nice but kinda silly.

I recently found this at my local gun shop.

http://www.uspeacekeeper.com/products.asp?...panyID&ID=3

(fourth one down on the page)

I does a nice job of carrying my "unfoldable" S12 (Kali laws). It is also "discreet" because it isn't shaped like a gun or a typical gun case so nobody looking at it can say "what's inside?" while having some idea that it may be a gun.

Whats also nice about these cases is that it has pouches on the inside in a separate panel. The pouches are made for AR mags but they fit my Taiwan 5rnd mags nicely. There's also a strap to hold a pistol in the side panel.

If not this one then any other "discreet" type case are also available elsewhere. I think there's some under the "Blackwater" brand but you'll pay more because of the name.

I've been looking for a nice case for the range but, nothing has made me jump, so was just wondering what others have been using???

I recently purchased a pelican case...they sell for over 300$ in some stores after looking for a couple of months i found a place that sells them for 162$ which is cheaper than you can find them used without the foam on ebay. IMHO they're the best cases made.post-18659-1244656989.jpeg I hope i did this picture thing right. On the front i put "the russian punisher" skull sticker, on the back it reads sic vis pacem, para bellum. Inside you have 3 pieces of dense foam. the middle piece you cut out to the shape of your gun+accessories everything packs solid and air tight (it also has a pressure relief valve). It'll give you plenty of room for a saiga and several drums, sticks, ammo, whatever.

http://www.provantage.com/pelican-1750-000-110~9PCAN018.htm

I have a beautiful (and expensive) "Pelican" double scoped rifle case for my Anschutz .22LR rifles. It's fantastic. I think a tank could run over it repeatedly with no damage to it or the rifles in it. Only problem is it it's HEAVY. Empty, it must weigh over 35 lbs. Put 2 rifles )Anschutz rifles are heavy, around 8.5 lbs each with scope in it, lus a coupla loaded mags, and you have a 60 lb package, too heavy to be convenient. Good thing it has rollers, but then, they don't help hoisting it over the lip at the trunk, and maneuvering it into the trunk. While I normally get the very best I can of whatever I buy, doing that with my Pelican hard case was a mistake. Yes, it protects the contents well, but is a PITA to handle with two rifles in it.

If you can find an inexpensive and light hard single case, that would work. Check out the major sporting goods and shooters supply houses for one on sale, but be careful of the empty weight. Otherwise, just get a soft case, a tactical case if you have a folder or a scoped hunting rifle case if you have a fixed stock. For a hard case, look at the Doskocil cases, or the Flambeaus. Not sure of their weight, but they're not too expensive. Shop Cheaper than Dirt, Sportsman's guide, Midway, Natchez, and the others online, and stop at your local Wally World, Target, and K-mart.

Let us know what you settle on and how you like it.

Good luck.

Only problem is it it's HEAVY. Empty, it must weigh over 35 lbs.

+1 on it being a heavy bastard, though i purchased it for ultimate protection. the 1750 that i have weighs 25lbs empty so add a saiga and there u go. I still think it's great. Also as you said it has wheels on one end so you can roll it like luggage. Cheaper than dirt has a knock off version that may suit you as well. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/CASE230-1.html doesn't look like you can cut the foam to sink it into the middle as with the pelicans.

My S12 is less than tactical - non converted, and I have 4 5rnd mags. This case in 46" fits the gun and the mags well enough, though if it's available in 44", that would have been perfectly snug. The magazines are a good fit in the 4 outer pockets, and could probably fit 8rnd mags. Not sure about anything more than that.

http://www.exploreproducts.com/allen-tacti...le-gun-case.htm

I use this... iit's a quilted retro-style gun bag.t's a quilted retro-styled gun bag. I find that the quilting is nicer on my car and Saiga accessories. Most of the tactical bags out there have pockets that are too small for Saiga magazines. This one holds my gun, ears, eyes, targets, and most anything else I'd care to take.

If your stock folds down, then you could use practically any bag you wanted to use.

Thanks guys for all of the ideas, I'm looking towards something without pockets on the outside. I'm digging the pelican case as well as that price! Still kinda pricey but, not compared to the normal prices you see for those. Thanks for the link. A soft case also would be in order though. I will let you know what I end up with and again thanks for all the info guys! :up:

Russian AKS-74 Paratrooper Drop-Case.

Fits S-12C perfectly w/ large inner pouch. 8rd Izzy mag fits perfect.

Prior to conversion of rear folder.

Russian AKM Drop-Case.

Same as above with fitment, and mag pouch. Bit long. But it felt right.

Dude this is off the topic..but i am a huge fan of the Dodge Interceptor car..I saw the movie the Wraith when i was kid back in the mid 80s and always wanted one...I wonder if kit cars like that are available for purchase....

I've got a couple of Pelican 1750s and a couple of soft sides full length cases. depends on what I'm going to do or where I'm going. I bought the Pelicans for my Bronco. I am building a false floor in the bed of it, and the 2 Pelican 1750s and my Hi-Lift jack will fit perfectly under the false floor. To access, you simply fold the tailgate down and slide them out. I'm also adding a Blazer rear crank to the outside of my Bronco tailgate that will be a lockable handle to operate a tailgate lock system I am working the bugs out on. (no top on Bronco) Should be pretty simple and kickass. For the cheapest prices I've found on Pelican cases, check out http://www.caseclub.com

I'm looking at some sort of "undercover" case so as not to draw a bunch of attention. I was considering a guitar case or maybe one of those big violin cases like Tommy guns can be carried in. Here's a few of my favorites. You can click on the pics for the link to the various sites.

Coffin 1:

CoffinCase_3000P.jpg

Coffin 2:

camo_coffin_2.jpg

Violin case:

kahr_violin_case.jpg

Corbin

I like the double rifle cases from Fleet Farm for $25 or so. Foam eggshell interior, black hard plastic exterior with four plastic fold down locks. You can carry 2 of just about any rifle you want in there, or one with a bunch of ammo and mags...no drums room tho. One of the best investments I have made to protect my kids...

Supports NRA and is a Sweet range bag too......VooDoo Tact bag $89

http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product.aspx?p...ctid=SA%2022354

You can get that same exact 42" VooDoo case (minus the NRA patch) for $59 from Sportsman's Guide. They also have other sizes (36" for $49 and 46" for $69) and other colors available as well.

I picked up a 46" Coyote Tan from them. Personally, for the money, I don't think you can beat it. It holds 2 long guns, 2 pistols and shit-tons of other stuff. It's well built, IMO. It has MOLLE compatible webbing and lots of room to store stuff.

The deal breaker for me, was how it holds 2 long guns. It has a padded divider to keep the rifles separate. As opposed to some "double rifle" cases where they're in the same compartment, only flipped opposite ways to fit them.

MS-15-7612-MC-Open-W.jpg

MS-15-7612-OD-Open-W.jpg

You can get it here: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=406459

(Of course, supporting the NRA is great. I am a member and do throw money their way. You have to decide if the $30 price difference is worth it for the NRA patch.)