retaining plate installing? can i file the hammer left side?

can I file down the hammer on the left side like 0.020 to fit my retainer plate? I cant get it in there :( seams to be TO TIGHT, I know I filed down the right side of the hammer to fit the BHO but is it safe to file down the LEFT side? Its a rounded edge unlike the right side where it is flat

Edited by xbox360

Dude, you're heading for a heartache, and I hope you don't sustain any life threatening injuries along with it.

No hammer mods are needed for use with the retainer plate.

The hammer shouldn't be in the way at all.

Edited by nalioth

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/Step_2.htm

the last picture, hammer and trigger pins, are they the same? I mixxed them up I hope they arnt different in any way,

the last picture shows the pins, (not the discarded ones) you can see the notches on them thats where teh retaining plate has to fit in so it doesnt wobble. I cant SEE that when I am putting the hammer in. the left side of the hammer is blocking my view, I tryed to do this without using the notches and I tested it but it wobbled out of place (the hammer retaining placement) the others where fine

Edited by xbox360

everything is out but the bho, hammer and pin, I put the hammer in, I put the pin in, I cant get it to go in all the way. I cant see the notches of the pin to latch my retaining plate on, its like not coming out 0.010th of a inch to place it on :( ???????? I used a mallet to push it through but it wont come everything is lined up,

Edited by xbox360

I'm going to say this in all seriousness. You clearly have no idea what you're doing and you also have a problem listening to all the advise that has been given to you. If you hurt yourself, that's one thing. If you hurt someone else due to your negligence, that's something completely different. Get that rifle to a gunsmith and have them look it over to make sure it's safe.

The Hammer does not need to be ground down on the left side for the retaining plate to fit

I'll shoot a quick vid showing the install BRB

Nevermind the fact that the pins were already working fine before he 'converted' it.

I'm going to say this in all seriousness. You clearly have no idea what you're doing and you also have a problem listening to all the advise that has been given to you. If you hurt yourself, that's one thing. If you hurt someone else due to your negligence, that's something completely different. Get that rifle to a gunsmith and have them look it over to make sure it's safe.

+1 I really hope he doesn't live in Oregon.

Xbox360

Please take this rifle to a Smith for inspection. You are messing with FIRE and NO ONE on this site wants you to get injured.....!!!!!!!

Does this guy ever listen to anyone, or does he ignore and just mumble with he computer ???????

This is not a VIDEO GAME someone can get hurt .......

Edited by Lakedweller

Guys, I give up! I am a gun nut myself and I try very hard to proselytize anti-gunners in my nazi state of NJ. I always have a bunch of answers to their objections, but this dude may have proven me wrong in the assertion that ANYONE can be taught to handle guns safely. So very frustrating! :ded:

And if he is going to ignore advice from this forum why post? And like nalioth said - this ain't no twitter - he keeps posting every few mins and his shit isn't even comprehensible.

No one asked where u live, and should have by now on here...

To come over and 'spot-check' your work and help..

Xbox what state you live in??

This is what bothers me. We know from nothing about this guy. He might be in Junior High for all we know. It's clear he needs supervision. Besides having no idea where he is; we have no idea what he plans to do with this thing once converted. Assuming he'll use common sense is a stretch. Assuming he's harmless is dangerous....

Anyone hear bells going off?

Edited by 555JM
I had the same problem with my tapco hammer due to the BHO. I think you just need to file a little more on the BHO side to allow more room on the other side for the retainer plate. Just do a little at a time.

Thats what I figured, I COULDNT GET ON THE INTERNET, IT WENT DOWN. Dont blame me :( BHO+retaining plate = less room = more filing on the RIGHT side not the left, now it fits great ;)

Edited by xbox360

This is what bothers me. We know from nothing about this guy. He might be in Junior High for all we know. It's clear he needs supervision. Besides having no idea where he is; we have no idea what he plans to do with this thing once converted. Assuming he'll use common sense is a stretch. Assuming he's harmless is dangerous....

why do you people make fun of me? I did a convertion didnt I ?

why do you people make fun of me? I did a convertion didnt I ?

It's probably your way of going about things:

Making duplicate threads on the SAME subject, even when someone has answered the first one.

Replying as if it your talking through an instant messenger of some sort; replying minute after minute.

You're seemingly very little knowledge of the inner workings of the gun you were very quick to tear apart. (I'm a huge advocate for home-done conversions, but I'd recommend a little more research and getting to know the gun your about to gut. Just my opinion.)

Telling people that all Tapco product is crap in that other thread.

Relax a little.