DONATIONS?

Just wanted to say thanks to this board for helping me with all my Saiga questions and answers.

If it weren't for this board I wouldn't have known about how to convert my Saiga or about the 10 rounders for it.

Also the people on this board seem pretty damn cool :)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I seen the donations link somwhere just a little bit of go now it is gone Any 1 know what's up?   I was'nt trying to start shit, I was just say that they should offer us something I could make thi

Whatever,   This forum is only here becuz of us if we didnt post here there would'nt be shit here!   As for donateing, i just think they should give us privlages like over at the gun network u get

I just want to see things get better with the money we donate thats all i was trying to say. and FYI i have ran an online Forum and i do know more than you think ~   You could call me a "Script kidd

Posted Images

• 10 months later...
The point is the people who keep the site up are offering to accept donations to kelp with the upkeep. Im not IT guy but Id imagine these sites cost money and time to keep up. From the post the smallest donation I see is $5. $5 seems to be minuscule to the ammount of info one can obtain here.

I will happily make a donation by the end of the month. :haha:

very true this forum has answered any and all possible questions for a new jack like myself.

I will be sending my 5$

Information:priceless

INDY K

• 8 months later...

A gathering of information and dedicated individuals in one place, available to help me learn about something I am interested in is worthy of my donation. These sites do cost money to run and maintain. I guess the "me" generation expects everything to be handed to their lazy asses and it better be fast and it better look good. Most of these "me"s will pour God awful amounts of money into a gun to get "the look" and then they will stick it in the safe and most likely never shoot it. God forbid they kick down $10 to help a good site stay afloat. rant off :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

I must agree with some. After becoming a member of this site, I have spent a but load of money on really cool stuff, and my wife just looks at me funny and shakes her head as I'm sitten at the computer desk laughing, then pulling out my wallet for "one more" thing ( honey, I swear ). LOL I am addicted, as others may be. However, to all who take time out of their day to help and assist us to grow, and to have a better understanding of something we all love, I thank you. This to me is a family of few, who are dedicated to each and every person's growth and advancement with our saigas. The donation, no matter what amount, is going to a GREAT cause. I for one am hummbled and thankfull for our friendship.

DT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I became a contributor tonight, wish it could have been more and when it can be, it will. No way could I have gained the amount of knolege that I have for my new favorite firearms, and have the fun and entertainment anywhere else ! I appreciate all the help, advice, and laughter y'all!!

Personally I hate this Saiga site. I stumbled onto this web site by accident about two months ago looking for info about a 9mm. Since I started hanging out here I have spent about a thousand dollars! And now I plan to spend even more dough. This place consumes several of my valuable hours each week reading (and re-reading) each post. My son now hangs around with me again begging money for range time. My wife nags every time the post man drops a box on the porch. And then the people who post here all seem to be un-American. In the last 6 weeks I have sent 5 members cash for some sort of Saiga part and not one has ripped me off. How un-American is that? My only guess is they didnt finish business school. They keep nagging me with "I can help you with that" E mails. Yup as soon as I know everything there is to know about Saigs and I have a collection of about 15 or 20 beautifully tricked our weapons AND after I have posted photos of them all and read the complements about 50 times..... I am going to recommend that this site be shut down. Sorry guys...thats just how I feel......

The family that shoots together, has interlocking fields of fire.

LOL! That's pretty much my story also. I was looking for info on USAS 12's and came across this site. I didn't know anything about them, but have learned that they aren't in the same class (according to the govt) as the USAS and StreetSweepers, at least yet. When I saw some of the pic of members modified guns I was hooked! Yesterday I happened to be in a gun shop and asked the owner if he had any Saiga 12's, and lo and behold he had one. I don't really have the money right now, but it's on lay away. Should get it in a month or less. I couldn't wait to get back home and start planning my mods with the help of this site! I spent all my money on the lay away, so I won't be able to contribute until next week. I don't give a hoot about the color status, and I probably won't win any posting awards, but I know that it takes time, dedication and money to run a site like this. I hope it never comes down to a "rank has it's privileges" type of snobby site! It seems like there are quite a few cool people here and I do plan on becoming a regular contributor. Thanks Makc, and all the others who help out!

• 1 month later...

I like that we have business members that pay in, I like that contributors pay in, and I like that there aren't piles of advertisements. There are two gun boards I go on that have a nice layout free of annoyances. It's our ability to keep to our community here that has kept this forum alive. Point newcomers to our business members for parts and service, donate a few bucks, and enjoy having all your stupid questions asked within hours. No offense, but we've all asked stupid questions.

• 4 weeks later...
What is the point in donating to a forum?(this forum?)

I don't see why any one would do that unless they were giving us better shit for our money. I an't saying i won't donate but i would want something in return.

maby offer us like more accessiries for our guns or something.

Or maby they could upgrade the board and donaters could have like special privlages. something, I just think they should offer us somehitng in return for spending money.

Just a thaught.

John

Hi John, I just read your post and considered what is this forum worth to me? I recently got the Saiga 12 bug, bought one and converted and modified it to the configuration I desired. I could not of done this with out the information I was able to search out here at, Saiga forum. For me this is like a book that had all the answers. It got me the gun I wanted and prevented me from ruining the gun I had. By researching the details and experience freely shared on these pages.

So I considered your point and realized the righteous thing to do, for me, was to make a contribution. Thanks for making think about the value of this forum for me.

best regards, Gunfrog

• 3 weeks later...

I am now a proud contributor. Many of us would not have been able to work through Saiga problems if it had not been for this forum. I personnally have had to rely on PMs from Buisness member to help me with more serious issues. Sence I got my saiga, I have introduced three new members to this forum. Two actually went and bought saigas, none will admit that they know me, but all enjoy looking at the pictures of the women in the funny pictures and the Ms. Saiga section of this forum!! Other gun sites only talk about dry and boring technical stuff, which is needed. This site gives you that and you can actually enjoy yourself too.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little footnote... Don't forget to donate to the NRA too. This forum would be pretty pointless if everything on it was illegal.

dannyfantasy,

+1! on that! Amen, brother.

If you're reading this and you're not a member of the NRA, please consider joining. Thanks!

Cheers,

alaj70

• 2 months later...

I know a hooker named "Snickers" in Detroit we can send to you if you need a blowjob or something. After all Snickers really satisfies!!! You couldn't be more "modern American" than "what do I get?" Gimmie Fuckin Gimmie! The folks on this site can give you free expert advice on your guns, show you how to convert your saiga on your own and many other helpful pieces of advice that are not free from a gumsmith! Why donate to anything?? Why, because your not a total PRICK, should be a good reason!

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say thanks to Makc and everyone who takes the time to answer questions as I have been reading over and gleening alot from here and just the pictures from some of the most helpful people in the Polished Bolt thread made my donation worth its weight in gold. Just wish in these time I could donate more. Thanks again for making a new Saiga owner welcome and all you do Makc.

Edited by Placebo
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Thank You.

I sat down tonight to pour over the recipts from my "Saiga Project" and realized that without this forum, I would end up wasting a lot of money looking for the "right parts."

I just threw my hat into the contributors column. Thank you to all the vendors out there who have helped me with this project thus far. Thank you to the members who help guide us new guys along.

Many Happy Returns!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I view my donation like a tip left in a restaurant. I don't have to tip but when I get good service I don't mind at all. I have gotten some valuable information from this site that has made things a lot easier for me. Make friends, support vendors, get educated...great place to be.