Ace push-button folder wobbly?

I've having a little buyers remorse over the ace push button folder I put on Saiga 12 - 2. It's quite wobbly. It doesn't bother me at all when pulled up to my shoulder, but when handling the gun it makes it feel rickety.

It seems the cam & channel could have been machined with a slight taper and a stronger spring to make it solid like the other folder.

Has anybody else experienced a push button folder?

Am I being nit-picky?

Glued a very thin fiber shim to mine so as to take up the slack when extended. Still a little loose in the folded position when locked there but that doesn't hurt anything. Shim is glued to the fixed side of the folder....is about3/4" in dia.

Every one I've seen is wobbly, although some more than others.

When doing a conversion using a push button folder, I weld a small button at the top and bottom where the stock side of the folder unit hits it when closed. I then carefully file it down to where it will just allow the folder to close and lock easily. There is a small amount of wobble left, but much less than before.

On an aluminum block, a screw could be tapped in and bottomed out, then filed in the same manner.

It'll be interesting to see DPHs folder.

I've got one and it's wobbly too. I called and talked to Greg at CSS and he said that is the way they are and that there other cheaper folding mechs are alot tighter. I also had a little buyers remorse just cause that little piece is spendy and could of got the less expensive model that apparently locks up better in the folded position as well as extended. As far as the push button folding mech, in the extended position mine locks up snug because there is a little set screw that you can adjust to have stick out to make up for the slack. I would also be interested to see DPH's design.

Every one I've seen is wobbly, although some more than others.

When doing a conversion using a push button folder, I weld a small button at the top and bottom where the stock side of the folder unit hits it when closed. I then carefully file it down to where it will just allow the folder to close and lock easily. There is a small amount of wobble left, but much less than before.

On an aluminum block, a screw could be tapped in and bottomed out, then filed in the same manner.

It'll be interesting to see DPHs folder.

Nate,

Nice touch on your conversion. Can't too get mine back from you

So what is the best, tightest folding option available? Has anyone tried Magnolia State Armory Integrated Stock Adapter with the built in Galil style folder? There still isn't a picture of it on their website yet. I am curious as to what it looks like. I wasn't even aware folders were sloppy. This is the first I've heard of it. It would kind of tick a guy off to spend a good chunk of dough and have it feel all wallered out skanky like.

So what is the best, tightest folding option available? Has anyone tried Magnolia State Armory Integrated Stock Adapter with the built in Galil style folder? There still isn't a picture of it on their website yet. I am curious as to what it looks like. I wasn't even aware folders were sloppy. This is the first I've heard of it. It would kind of tick a guy off to spend a good chunk of dough and have it feel all wallered out skanky like.

The magnolia folder isn't available yet. I don't think there are even any field trial units yet.

The tightest folder is going to be this one:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...sm-Saiga/Detail

As you can see by the image there are tapered parts that mesh together pushed by the force of the spring. That taper takes up any wobble (the push button folder should have been designed similarly)

HAHA! :lolol:

The Russian folder sold by Saiga-12 locks up tighter than a crab's asshole.

But it takes 2 hands to open, isn't 922® compliant (If you're worried) but is adjustable for length.