safir t-14 ar shotgun???

im sure theres been talk on here about the ATI safir t-14 .410 ar-15 shotgun now whos played with them?? now almost any dealer can get them now theres a few on GB as well

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=130893938

whats the progress??? reliable, ar quality, what....they look pretty kool and my dealer can hook me up for 750! not a fan of .410 or ar's but how many times are u gunna see an ar shotgun wish they made one in 12 :cryss: i also heard either ruger or remington is making a semi-mag feed shotty i'm guessing its gunna be ar-clone that should be sweet so whos gunna give good feedback on them and not diss them without even shooting them :unsure:

There was a topic discussed on this type of rifle a few times on this forum...here is one of them http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...p;hl=safir+arms

My friend owns one of these rifles..He said so far its been good not very many FTEs on it..He only wished they made it in a flat top...But the gun itself comes with a 5round mag..and i believe the importer will be getting 15 rounders soon to be sold to the public....The gun can also be modified by changing the handguard to a quad rail and also able to use a collapsable stock..Its something diffrent that you dont see every day..

A sensitive gas action married to dirty shotgun shells? Traditional Turkish "quality and craftsmanship?" All that tied to a round that is very marginal for personal defense! I like ARs and I'll pass.

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 1
A sensitive gas action married to dirty shotgun shells? Traditional Turkish "quality and craftsmanship?" All that tied to a round that is very marginal for personal defense! I like ARs and I'll pass.

I own a Verona shotgun which I thought was Italian but it's made in Turkey. The quality is decent but the recoils is stout for a semi auto, a lot more than the SKB semi auto I used to own/ I got it because the Saigas were not available at the time. The Saiga recoil is a lot less than the Verona. While I would prefer a 12 or 20 guage shotgun the Russian Spetnaz use .410 Saiga shotguns.

I found their web page and saw the gas system which is similar to my Verona with a gas ring with the mainspring in the front hand guard which may allow installing a folding stock if the bolt does not travel into the butt stock. They have a cleaning video where a technician cleans the shotgun and take it apart. They show most of the AR-15 parts except for the gas system.

http://www.safirarms.com/eng.html

It would be nice to see a 12 or 20 gauge version built on an AR-10 lower.

Edited by uzitiger

I saw one at a gun shop in VA, the proprietor chucked and said, "Good luck finding 2½-inch .410 shells for that thing." Kind of funny when the proprietor of a gun shop dissuades you from buying one of his products.

I own a Verona shotgun which I thought was Italian but it's made in Turkey. The quality is decent but the recoils is stout for a semi auto, a lot more than the SKB semi auto I used to own/ I got it because the Saigas were not available at the time. The Saiga recoil is a lot less than the Verona.

Is this ATI shotgun gas piston driven or direct impingement? Do they make a 12 or 20 gauge AR style shotgun as well?

I actually saw one of these Verona shotguns not long back and though that it looked like a decent firearm. However I have seen the inside or one being fired. It looked like an interesting piece!

However, I have seen some really crude stuff come out of Turkey.

• Like 1
I saw one at a gun shop in VA, the proprietor chucked and said, "Good luck finding 2½-inch .410 shells for that thing." Kind of funny when the proprietor of a gun shop dissuades you from buying one of his products.

They only take 2 1/2 inch shells? Why would anyone want one with saiga making a .,410 thats cheeper (in price) and takes 3 inch shells with a better gas system? Now if some American manufacture was to come out with a .410 AR upper I might be interested. It would end up expensive after you changed to a piston gas system and even then it would have to take 3 inch shells. Maybe that isn't possible without cutting up the lower some.