My new Saiga 12

I thought I would make my first posting in this forum with a pic of my new acquisition last week. I got it all modded out to my liking, although I need to work on the recoil. With this stock it kicks the he!! out of my shoulder. I did see a thread about Hogue cut to fit pads and the buffer. I see those in my future.

saiga1.jpg

Edited by Stefanosg
I though I would make my firsat posting in this forum with a pic of my new acquisition last week. I got it all modded out to my liking, although I need to work on the recoil. With this stock it kicks the he!! out of my shoulder. I did see a thread about Hogue cut to fit pads and the buffer. I see those in my future.

saiga1.jpg

Looks like a wel exicuted down to basics conversion... mind giving us a build list?

Looks like a wel executed down to basics conversion... mind giving us a build list?

Tapco Stock and Saw Pistol Grip from Carolina Shooters supply

Fire Control Group and Tromix do it yourself trigger guard from Mississippi Auto Arms

Front AR style site and rear ghost ring from Krebs.

I used a lacquer pen to fill in the white parts and a red paint pen to do the red in the "F"

I also used a set of 1911 screws to fill in the holes towards the back where the original FCG was located.

As this was my first attempt at this sort of thing, I stuck with the basics. I must say the hardest part was removing the factory rear sight. It took two cutting wheels and about 35 four letter words to remove, LOL. I'll probably get a different muzzle brake and I'd like to do a LRBHO.

Edited by Stefanosg
Looks like a wel executed down to basics conversion... mind giving us a build list?

Tapco Stock and Saw Pistol Grip from Carolina Shooters supply

Fire Control Group and Tromix do it yourself trigger guard from Mississippi Auto Arms

Front AR style site and rear ghost ring from Krebs.

I used a lacquer pen to fill in the white parts and a red paint pen to do the red in the "F"

I also used a set of 1911 screws to fill in the holes towards the back where the original FCG was located.

As this was my first attempt at this sort of thing, I stuck with the basics. I must say the hardest part was removing the factory rear sight. It took two cutting wheels and about 35 four letter words to remove, LOL. I'll probably get a different muzzle brake and I'd like to do a LRBHO.

Looks good! Nice job, really like the safety markings.

AR FSB? Did you use a different FSB in conjunction with the Krebs rear ring/aperture, or do you mean that you used Krebs Combat Sights?

I and others can sympathize with the PITA removal of the original rear irons ;)

G'luck with the LRBHO, no one has a proven/marketable product as of yet, tho Cobra seems to have it in the works.

Different brake? Which do you currently have?

Edited by ChileRelleno

I like it.

My original conversion was rather similar, except I didn't have the Krebs sights. I agree, the steel butt on that stock kicks you pretty hard. Here's how mine USED to be:

Click picture for video

You can see how it is now below, in my signature.

Corbin

AR FSB? Did you use a different FSB in conjunction with the Krebs rear ring/aperture, or do you mean that you used Krebs Combat Sights?

I and others can sympathize with the PITA removal of the original rear irons ;)

G'luck with the LRBHO, no one has a proven/marketable product as of yet, tho Cobra seems to have it in the works.

Different brake? Which do you currently have?

I used the Krebs Combat Sights. I guess when I said different break I actually should have said a break. I still have that thread protector attached to the front. Now that I've had some experience, my dad is thinking of having me do his. The ggod news is that he wants to put a red dot sight on his, so I wont have to fight with that rear sight again.