Russian 8 round mags

How do you tell the "real thing" and where can I find them and what should I expect to pay for them? I have 4 10 rounders and an MD drum but I 'd like to get my hands on a couple of these....OBTW..... THIS is an addicting hobby...I'm a relative NooB and I already converted my first 12...bought a 7.62x39 and ordered a SECOND 12 guage today....in less than two months..I figure THIS administration is likely to ban these babies and I want to stock up while I can!

I decided they were not worth the rape and opted for the AGP mags with the saigatech floor plates. Alternately get some surefires and cut em down.

The ones now in the forum's for sale section are priced for about the same as what you'd pay in the past from the European source, quite reasonable by today's market. They are the most reliable of any of the Saiga mags, are OEM, and very difficult to come by. Ain't no raping going on there.

I decided they were not worth the rape and opted for the AGP mags with the saigatech floor plates. Alternately get some surefires and cut em down.

The ones now in the forum's for sale section are priced for about the same as what you'd pay in the past from the European source, quite reasonable by today's market. They are the most reliable of any of the Saiga mags, are OEM, and very difficult to come by. Ain't no raping going on there.

Sure they may "cost what they cost", but be honest, "what they cost" is rape. ~$50/mag, (general cost of AGP/Surefire mags), is quite frankly damn expensive.. and the Russian 8-rounders are significantly more, due to rarity. :sick:

It's an artificially created rarity.. similar to what the diamond syndicates do to the diamond market, (just the BATFE in this case rather than DeBeers). From an objective standpoint, Russian 8-rounders aren't worth what they sell for here, but they're so rare that the market dictates that price. I, for one, will pass. Many will instead pay "what they cost", and that's cool. US-made mags work well enough for me.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
...Alternately get some surefires and cut em down.

No need to cut. The 8rnd Surefires are already available.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...-8-ROUND/Detail

I remember there were problems with the surefires breaking with 3" loads. Has this been corrected? I would like to give the 8rnders a try...

alternativly i have heard of AGPs breaking from 3" too, but i have videos up of me doing exacly that and no problems. I understand this was not always the case though.

anyone have expirience with this?

Also YES i know theres about nothing you can do with a 3" you can't do with a 2 3/4" but i do like having the option.

I figure THIS administration is likely to ban these babies and I want to stock up while I can!

I guess you have not figured it out yet but the current administration has bigger fish to fry than going after a ban on magazines so just relax. The whole bullshit we just went through the past three months was not from the BO administration but from people letting themselves get taken advantage of by the gunshops and manufacturers that benefitted by the panic. I still hear dummies in walmart talking about how Obama wants to take their guns away and maybe he does but he can't at the moment, and I doubt it is something that he can do this 1st term.

Anyhow I digress... these guys:

http://www.rusmilitary.com/

are your best bet for the 8 rounders but honestly with the AGP and Surefires available here the $150 or so it will cost to get the russian 8 rounders here you might as well buy 3 or 4 AGP 8 rounders or 3 russian 5 rounders.

Edited by lipadj46
I figure THIS administration is likely to ban these babies and I want to stock up while I can!

I guess you have not figured it out yet but the current administration has bigger fish to fry than going after a ban on magazines so just relax. The whole bullshit we just went through the past three months was not from the BO administration but from people letting themselves get taken advantage of by the gunshops and manufacturers that benefitted by the panic. I still hear dummies in walmart talking about how Obama wants to take their guns away and maybe he does but he can't at the moment, and I doubt it is something that he can do this 1st term.

Anyhow I digress... these guys:

http://www.rusmilitary.com/

are your best bet for the 8 rounders but honestly with the AGP and Surefires available here the $150 or so it will cost to get the russian 8 rounders here you might as well buy 3 or 4 AGP 8 rounders or 3 russian 5 rounders.

An apologist viewpoint not to be taken seriously.

So what is an acceptable viewpoint, please do tell? Face it there will be no ban (a good thing). The president is losing his momentum with this shithole of an economic bailout. Mine is just a realist viewpoint from someone who bought all their ammo for the next few years before the summer election (and had enough to sell and make tidy profit to buy something I did want in the last few months). Go ahead and horde away but you may want to wait a few months for the supply to catch up and believe me it will (minus things like AK kits and 7.62 Nato and 7.62x39 surplus).

Edited by lipadj46

Our club supplier just talked to his Winchester sales rep and his 300k 209 order is coming much sooner than originally promised. They are catching up with demand, 9mm has gone from 26.99 /50 down to 16.99 in the last week in our area. It's going to break soon.

Paranoia would be standing guard over a garden Gnome with a club waiting for him to attack.

Discretion is keeping a shovel handy when you have seen copperheads in the garden.

View any and all politicians, especially those in leadership positions with discretion.

So what is an acceptable viewpoint, please do tell? Face it there will be no ban (a good thing). The president is losing his momentum with this shithole of an economic bailout. Mine is just a realist viewpoint from someone who bought all their ammo for the next few years before the summer election (and had enough to sell and make tidy profit to buy something I did want in the last few months). Go ahead and horde away but you may want to wait a few months for the supply to catch up and believe me it will (minus things like AK kits and 7.62 Nato and 7.62x39 surplus).

Believe me, sometime in his first term (and God willing, his last) BO will pursue gun control legislation.

-Cheers

Edited by pt92

Now that we are totally off topic what the hell. The democrats see gun control as a losing issue for them, it will cost them more moderate votes than it will net them. They have seen the power of the fear of a ban and I doubt it will happen (a full AWB type ban). What we may see at the end of his term if it looks unlikely he will get re-elected is some bill that will tie up some loose ends like ending face-to-face transactions without a background check and what not. Anyone who thinks that a major piece of gun control legislation has a chance in hell of getting all the way through both houses of congress let alone into in the pipeline of legislation is a bit blind to the ocean of shit this country is in now and long into the next decade.