I searched but failed....

Yes, the G2 hammer needs to be taken down on the right side (BHO takes up this space) to 1.018".

http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/saiga/saiga-8.htm

Run the dental floss through the slot in the receiver, then through the loop in the BHO spring, then back again through the receiver slot. You can pull on the floss to align the spring when you push the pin back in.

I know this has been beaten before I remember something about dental floss, post conversion, how do I get the BHO back in? Also do I need to take metal off of a stock G2 hammer?

Put your safety in first then put your BHO along with the spring and put a temporary pin in from the ejection side. You will have plenty of room to get the spring on the BHO and get a pin started since there are no other FCG parts binding it. That pin will go through the trigger pin hole and through the O in the spring. Then put your trigger in and start your trigger pin. Let the trigger pin replace the temporary pin and go through the spring and hole on receiver. then put your hammer and hammer spring in and line it up with the front of the BHO and then your receiver.

I just spent over an hour this evening getting my FCG in only to realize that the safety can not be put in last. Then on reassembly i found that its much easier if you start with the BHO, This is my 3rd conversion and I finally figured it out

Yes the G2 will need modified to accommodate the BHO and it also needs contoured a little different, look it up in the forum

Edited by justinmcmillion

I made a small notch in the back of my BHO so I CAN put the safety in last. That's what I do since I use a retaining plate instead of wires or springs to hold the pins in place.

I use the dental flos trick usually.

Corbin

I just unhook the spring, rotate the BHO plate out of the way, insert the safety, reposition the plate, reposition the spring leg. I made a special tool for getting ahold of the spring leg, otherwise it'd be a pain in the ass to do.

Cutting a notch would be much easier in hindsight but, eh.

I made a small notch in the back of my BHO so I CAN put the safety in last. That's what I do since I use a retaining plate instead of wires or springs to hold the pins in place.

I use the dental flos trick usually.

Corbin

/\ Notching the top of the BHO so the safety lever can pass through is a great trick. I have a mill so I was able to make a nice smooth semi circular notch in mine.

I also use Dental floss to hold the spring down.