Hello! First Post/First Saiga-12

Hello,

In a recent impulsive decision, I put a Saiga 12 on layaway, even though it was $700. It's the first one I've seen in my area (Western PA). It's still cheaper than an AR :rolleyes: . Anyway, I'm not sure whether I'm going to convert it, as money is a bit tight right now. I like the feel of the factory stock, but am not crazy about the trigger. I have been looking for an inexpensive compliance part that will let me use hi-cap mags. I've been lurking here for a while and have seen that the gas piston may be the simplest and cheapest compliance part to switch out to allow the assembly of the gun with high-cap mags. Anyway, opinions are welcome, I'll continue to use the search function and the FAQ to learn more of the ins and outs of this shotgun. Thanks for letting me on board.

Hello,

In a recent impulsive decision, I put a Saiga 12 on layaway, even though it was $700. It's the first one I've seen in my area (Western PA). It's still cheaper than an AR :rolleyes: . Anyway, I'm not sure whether I'm going to convert it, as money is a bit tight right now. I like the feel of the factory stock, but am not crazy about the trigger. I have been looking for an inexpensive compliance part that will let me use hi-cap mags. I've been lurking here for a while and have seen that the gas piston may be the simplest and cheapest compliance part to switch out to allow the assembly of the gun with high-cap mags. Anyway, opinions are welcome, I'll continue to use the search function and the FAQ to learn more of the ins and outs of this shotgun. Thanks for letting me on board.

Congrats on the purchase. I had a lot of fun with my first S-12 when it was unconverted. In all seriousness everyone should simply shoot & have fun with their Saiga 12 before diving into the conversion. You'll appreciate the difference more when you do convert it, and you get a chance to discover/run out any bugs while it's still covered by warranty.

Welcome aboard. IMO, the easiest add on is a muzzle attachment. The vendors here have a bunch of different options. Again, welcome to what you may find to be an addiction. Don't worry, we are here to help.

Hello,

Welcome!

First off... $700, your getting :f0ckers: Cancel that layaway if you can, without taking a loss.

Ya should save for awhile, and then buy online for $499-525 and pay less than $600. with S/H & FFL transfer fee.

Prices keep falling, by the time ya have your cash, it may be alot less.

Impulse buys are sucker buys... Don't be a sucker.

Remember, when ya do get it in your hands, inspect it.

1) How many ports and are they clear?

2) Take it to the range with a couple boxes each of low & high brass, try both on both gas settings, shoot it and then shoot it some more.

Any problems, contact VanKiller c/o CGW/RAAC.

3 ) Do not convert until you know its up to par... Don't void your warranty.

Convert! Conversion is simply a new FCG installed in the designers intended location & a pistol grip.

You'll be needing to convert to get rid of that shitty OEM FCG anyways.

Ya can even leave that POS Monte Carlo stock on until ya can afford a better one, tho the LOP might/will be long.

The FCG is 3 parts, the mags are 3 too, which would make you compliant.

Get the Tromix Tapco G2 single hook FCG, its already modified, ready to drop in.

Then later, stock, forearm, gas puck, gunfixer plug and etc.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Is $700 really that bad a price? It's the first Saiga 12 I've seen in my area. If I cancel the layaway, the only thing I come away with is $375 store credit at this point. SHould I just tell 'em I found a better price and load up on ammo, or what?

Is $700 really that bad a price? It's the first Saiga 12 I've seen in my area. If I cancel the layaway, the only thing I come away with is $375 store credit at this point. SHould I just tell 'em I found a better price and load up on ammo, or what?

Logans Gun Gallery had one for $599.00. He sold it and got another selling for $599.00. Try calling Logans.

Hmmmm... $500-525 vs $700... You decide.

I'd tell'em I found a better deal, see if they'll come down significantly.

If not, then I'd buy $300. worth of good 2 3/4" 00 & slug, save the rest for FFL transfer fee, and whatever is left, spend on more ammo.

Just my $0.02.

how far are you from Cadiz, OH? we have them at 575$ plus sales tax if you come get it and do the paperwork at the store. zip code is 43907. If you do want to go this route, then you should definately make an appointment when your final payment is in-hand, so that Vicki and Tom are expecting you. We also inspect and service our saigas, and are the Authorized Repair Center for Russian American Armory Company....