I have seen articles where the victim was hit in the head at close range with a .44 Mag and a 12 gauge shotty, and both people survived with no real injuries, the .44 Mag shell bounced off the victims skull, and the shotty victim had black eyes and looked like he had measles where all the pellets went into his face. The guy that got the face full of birdshot was interviewed on the local news channel. Pellets missed both of his eyes amazingly.

Sometimes, luck can be on your side.

On the other hand, read in the NRA Rifleman about a perp that got shot 3 times with a .25acp bitch gun and died on the scene.

A LEO friend of mine made a routine traffic stop a couple years ago on a fellow that evidently had an out of state parole violation warrant my friend was unlikely to even find, pulled a .25 pocket pistol and fired once before his head was turned inside out across the clueless passenger. The shot caught the very edge of his vest and passed into his armpit, he very very nearly bled out and probably wouldnt have made it if he wasnt less than a 1/4 mile from the hospital. Never underestimate the danger of a firearm.

All that being said, i wonder if she would volunteer her wonder weave for my .45 and see if it works for that as well? (in the interest of science, of course)

I think if it happened again today with the same gun and the same bullet it would most likely splatter her brains. It just wasn't her day to go that day. ;)

I think highly of the .40 S&W, own 2 pistols and one carbine in that caliber, and sure as hell wouldn't want to get shot with one.

I have seen articles where the victim was hit in the head at close range with a .44 Mag and a 12 gauge shotty, and both people survived with no real injuries, the .44 Mag shell bounced off the victims skull, and the shotty victim had black eyes and looked like he had measles where all the pellets went into his face. The guy that got the face full of birdshot was interviewed on the local news channel. Pellets missed both of his eyes amazingly.

On the other hand, read in the NRA Rifleman about a perp that got shot 3 times with a .25acp bitch gun and died on the scene.

For some reason your reply jogged my memory about the guy who wanted to test if a cast iron frying pan would stop his .22 cal bullet. He held the pan out at arms length and fired. Of course the bullet bounced back and hit him in the head. Can't remember if he lived or not. What a dumass.

For some reason your reply jogged my memory about the guy who wanted to test if a cast iron frying pan would stop his .22 cal bullet. He held the pan out at arms length and fired. Of course the bullet bounced back and hit him in the head. Can't remember if he lived or not. What a dumass.

That's Darwin Award material right there.

<sarcasm> It would have been so ridiculous if he had just set the pan downrange and took a shot at it. </sarcasm>

Maybe this is the weave in question...........

HELIHAIR.jpg

(Side note: when Googling for the above picture, this one came up, because "weave" was one of the search words. I can't stop laughing at her jacked up eyes. LMAO! She's got some hardcore "crazy eyes" :lol: .)

hottie11.jpg

This was a very odd case. It would be hard to recreate the circumstances I am sure. Maybe a job for mythbusters. What has always amazed me is the #1 murder cal in the US is .22. Guess its the way it rattles around once it gets inside. You would think its not powerful enough, but as my marine friend says, we are just pink fleshy things anyhow.