I went to the range yesterday and fired the new Robinson XCR and the Sig STG-556.

Ammo: PMC 55 gr ,Fed XM-193,and WW-Q3131.

100 yrds

First the Sig. awesome smooth ,almost no felt recoil ejection was aggressive with cases landing 15-20 feet away but both foreward and back in a 90 degree fan shape. best group was with the XM-193 @ 2.5". PMC came in second @ 3". My verision is the original model but I replaced the fishgill handgaurds with a set of classic's. I'm going to upgrade the sights with the dioper style SOON. The Sig holo sight seemed a little cheesey but worked as needed. I didn't put any other optic's on and am 100% positive group size would shrink with a quality scope like a XTR burris or Trijicon TR-21.

XCR,

After dialing the gas setting down from 4 to 2 the felt recoil decreased but was still more than an AR or the Sig. For some reason the Win Q-3131 shot the best with this one and I actually had a 1.5" 3 shot group with Irons. Ejection was more AR like with cases going foreward and to the right 5-7 feet. Further on the higher gas setting. Most groups hovered around the 3.5" range and the MI folding sights are not optimal but should be considered as they were designed as Back up sights. Again this rifle would benifit from a better optic than my Aimpoint. Using P-Mags , C-Products 30's and D&H I expiranced 0 malfunctions in 300 rds through both rifles and would consider both to be exceptional alternitaves to an AR. The ergonomics on the XCR are superior to the Sig with its left side charging handle ,ambi bolt catch,and short throw selector lever.

The trigger on the Sig was the better trigger though.

post-12851-1245430466_thumb.jpg

I wonder if your XCR didn't have the new trigger system installed, mine is pretty damn crisp. I may buy a vortex sight for the XCR and see if that works out well, they are suppose to have a "true" co-witness setup....and pretty fair priced. I didn't like the MI sights so I ordered it w/o and got the troy diamondhead setup, which is pretty nice, pretty fast sight aquisition. Can't wait for the new XCR stock to come in, which rifle do you like better?

I wonder if your XCR didn't have the new trigger system installed, mine is pretty damn crisp. I may buy a vortex sight for the XCR and see if that works out well, they are suppose to have a "true" co-witness setup....and pretty fair priced. I didn't like the MI sights so I ordered it w/o and got the troy diamondhead setup, which is pretty nice, pretty fast sight aquisition. Can't wait for the new XCR stock to come in, which rifle do you like better?

I actually liked the SIG better for smooth operation but the XCR for handleing and ergonomics so its really 6's either way.