So I was super bored yesterday, and when I'm bored I create things to do in my mind. Unfortunately, such things aren't always constructive or necessary. I think this falls under the "completely unnecessary" category.

Anyway, I was on the AR15 forum and I asked what kind of paint I should use to paint my furniture for my Saiga. Alot of guys referred me to th Krylon Camoflauge paint line, which surprised me cause usually the AR guys are more finicky about cheap parts/paint than the AK guys. Of course some guys were all like "Duracoat or die" but they were in the minority. So I went ahead and took off the furniture and painted it!!

I liked the way my Saiga looked so much that I just went ahead and did the AR too. Personally, I'm totally diggin the "desert storm" look or both weapons. Anyway, just thought I'd share this with someone who'd looking for a good, cheap Duracoat alternative.

First impressions: Well, it's a perfect color IMO. I also got the olive drab color, but I chose this the khaki instead. The paint seems really durable, it feels good, and it sprays on very evenly. I didn't experience any dripping or pooling. It dries in 15 minutes, and it's safe to handle after 1 hour. The label also claims that it is "chip-proof" after 7 days, so I'll just have to wait and see about that. Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think!

post-17693-1245609489_thumb.jpg

post-17693-1245609609_thumb.jpg