posp tele. 6x24 great!

I heard all the storys about how the posp was allot of trouble to zero in and hold good groups, I didn't have any problems with it. At 100 yds. I could see the target like it was right in front of me, and took it off and put it back on without any change in sighting. 4" group is good enough for me. This is one fun gun to shoot. I like it better then my 223. My 308 with a 16" is just right for me. I found it is much better with 168 gr, shells with 43 grs, of Imr 4895 I reloaded. It didn't do as well with 39 grs. with the same bullet weight. I'm still looking for the perfect round to use, powder and bullet weight. .308 As far as the dented shells go the tape I put on didn't do much good. I still reload them. I'm thinking of grinding the dust cover down at that point. Any body have any thoughts on what I found out?

:killer:

Generally my saiga 308's seem to like heavy bullets. You might try 175's. You can try to use some door edge trim (can get it at walmart) and put that on your receiver cover to keep from denting the shells so badly.

The POSP is a decent scope (a big upgrade from iron sights). The biggest drawback is that you really need to crank it down on the mount, but once you figure out that's the norm with them they work fine.

Buck

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 21.8" bbl 308 with Saiganov stock and 8x42 POSP. As for sighting in, easy as pie. as long as its tight on the mount shouldn't have any zero problems. The only thing that keeeps my groups large is the trigger pull. How can you go wrong with a POSP? Used on PSL, TIGR, SVD, and other Dragunov Variants. Granted many used the PSO-1 which is very similar to POSP. From a sniper/hunter/overwatch standpoint the built in rangefinder makes it worthwhile if you know how to use it. Less gear to carry. Eye relief is great with my stock but I can see how the standard stock would be rough to use the POSP with. with my cheekpiece, just rotate for iron sights (which u still can use with the POSP) or rotate the other way for scope use.

I have the 21.8" bbl 308 with Saiganov stock and 8x42 POSP. As for sighting in, easy as pie. as long as its tight on the mount shouldn't have any zero problems. The only thing that keeeps my groups large is the trigger pull. How can you go wrong with a POSP? Used on PSL, TIGR, SVD, and other Dragunov Variants. Granted many used the PSO-1 which is very similar to POSP. From a sniper/hunter/overwatch standpoint the built in rangefinder makes it worthwhile if you know how to use it. Less gear to carry. Eye relief is great with my stock but I can see how the standard stock would be rough to use the POSP with. with my cheekpiece, just rotate for iron sights (which u still can use with the POSP) or rotate the other way for scope use.

Is there a major quality difference between the PSO-1 and the POSP? (Or NPZ vs Belomo). Any personal experience and opinions would be great

Is there a major quality difference between the PSO-1 and the POSP? (Or NPZ vs Belomo). Any personal experience and opinions would be great

PSO is military issue. POSP is civilian.

For your uses and purposes they are essentially the same

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Dragunov reticle as it is very simple and easy to use. I have a 8x POSP on my PSL and just bought a used IOR M1 4x scope with a Drag reticle for my Saiga-308. The range finder is much easier to use (on man sized targets) than mil-dots for me, but I am not schooled or practiced on mil-dots.