Saiga 922r questions, and safety lever stop

I just got ahold of a newer (08, with threaded barrel and BHO) saiga 12 sporter that I am re-configuring to be a Pistol grip style. Like thats anything new. :lolol:

I have read and re read all that is needed (cutting and drilling and all) and I consider myslef pretty mechanically inclined, so modifying the reciever is the least of my worries.

I have several questions though,

I purchased the follwing US made parts:

1: Tapco AK buttstock

1: Tapco AK pistol grip

1: Tromix FCG (3 US parts)

and the nut and bolt to attach the grip.

So the original parts list is 14, and I deduct ONE for the new butstock, and THREE for the FCG Correct? making the new foreign parts list 10, the legal limit.

BUT is the original "14 parts" including or not including the three parts that make up the 5 round russian magazine?

for instance, 10 parts, untill I add a foreign mag, making it 13 again. I just prefer to cover my ass, jail sucks.

LAST question. I follwed the saiga rifle conversion video and Cross-Conn written tutorial that was listed in the FAQ, and it stated to remove the plate covering the forward most trigger hole in the floor of the reciever, BUT that plat has a small bend off to the right side that acts as a stop for the safety lever, What do I do to replace this? Or do you all just live without it?

Thanks for you time and patience witha ttal saiga noob. :unsure:

BUT is the original "14 parts" including or not including the three parts that make up the 5 round russian magazine?

for instance, 10 parts, untill I add a foreign mag, making it 13 again. I just prefer to cover my ass, jail sucks.

The 14 parts include the three that make up the magazines, so you are good to go.

LAST question. I follwed the saiga rifle conversion video and Cross-Conn written tutorial that was listed in the FAQ, and it stated to remove the plate covering the forward most trigger hole in the floor of the receiver, BUT that plate has a small bend off to the right side that acts as a stop for the safety lever, What do I do to replace this? Or do you all just live without it?

The shotguns are a little different. I strongly recommend buying a Tromix DIY Triggerguard because you won't have to drill a hole for the pistol grip nut and it has a selector stop built in. Well worth the money.

The 14 parts include the three that make up the magazines, so you are good to go.

LAST question. I follwed the saiga rifle conversion video and Cross-Conn written tutorial that was listed in the FAQ, and it stated to remove the plate covering the forward most trigger hole in the floor of the receiver, BUT that plate has a small bend off to the right side that acts as a stop for the safety lever, What do I do to replace this? Or do you all just live without it?

The shotguns are a little different. I strongly recommend buying a Tromix DIY Triggerguard because you won't have to drill a hole for the pistol grip nut and it has a selector stop built in. Well worth the money.

+1 on the Tromix DIY!

I thought about getting the DIY guard, but it was either that or a ten round mag. So far I only have 113.00 in parts including shipping, and Im trying to keep the cost low. I have another hobby that eats my money.

Another reason I strayed from the tromix DIY, is because the pistol grip would be pulling on the two little nuts on the trigger guard, I think it will be stronger having the PG nut come through the rciever. We shall see.

Thanks a bunch for the replies. Converting these things looks like cake now. And yes I have shot it, 50 rds cheap low brass with about five stove pipes each being the last round in the mag. It is a "three hole", but two of the gas holes are BARELY visible, (I can fit my smallest allen wrench in the holes though) So if it keeps FTE, I will do the gas cylinder file down. I plan on polishing the carrier aswell. I did it on my old Roman AK and it worked wonders.