I was recently looking for parts for my mosin nagant 91/30 and happened across the Obrez. It is just a mosin nagant cut down into a pistol and as I did some research on this i found that it was used for a breif period durin the russian civil war. I can just imagine the fire ball coming out of this thing and how my arm would feel after using it... OUCH! :eek: I am sure some of you guys have seen this before but I was definatley in awe and i really want one.

post-13453-1245798983_thumb.jpg

post-13453-1245799027.jpg

If it was used by the Russians, it'd be imported as a pistol.

If you make one, it's gonna cost you a SBR stamp.

exactly, if imported from Russia like that, it's just a pistol...like a early verison of our modern rifle round pistols like the kel-tec PLR or the SIG 5.56 pistol...neato gun, i'd like to see a video of someone shooting it.... :unsure:

Who says there isnt room for a bayonet? thats silly talk. Shortens the effective distance, but increases concealability, with added style points. I dont know who would do it, but id definately pay 200 or so bucks for a virgin mosin nagant receiver and the <100 for the "parts kit" (not demilled for a change), in order to build myself a pistol. Thats been right up there on my list with a Mares Laig, (Who is Kenny Howard?) for a long time. not particularily practical, but like i said, tons of style points.

a virgin mosin nagant receiver

Now where the heck do you think you will find one of those?!?!? :lol: LOL

:smoke:

I havent found one yet, but its hardly unreasonable, and i can think of several manufacturers that could do it, as well as almost any CNC shop with an FFL. Just a matter of generating enough interest. Its not really that difficult of an operation, though my 200$ price tag might be a little optimistic.

post-3313-1245869211.jpg

Who says there isnt room for a bayonet? thats silly talk. Shortens the effective distance, but increases concealability, with added style points. I dont know who would do it, but id definately pay 200 or so bucks for a virgin mosin nagant receiver and the <100 for the "parts kit" (not demilled for a change), in order to build myself a pistol. Thats been right up there on my list with a Mares Laig, (Who is Kenny Howard?) for a long time. not particularily practical, but like i said, tons of style points.

If a manufacturer builds it for sale, all steel core 7.62x54R will be then considered AP and no longer importable. People are still pissed to this day at Olympic Arms for screwing us all out of the genuinely cheaper than dirt surplus Chinese steel core x39 by only making 2 or 3 prototypes of the "AK pistol" when they knew full well what would happen.

Edited by 690gr
If a manufacturer builds it for sale, all steel core 7.62x54R will be then considered AP and no longer importable. People are still pissed to this day at Olympic Arms for screwing us all out of the genuinely cheaper than dirt surplus Chinese steel core x39 by only making 2 or 3 prototypes of the "AK pistol" when they knew full well what would happen.

Excellent point, and a real concern. Just selling receivers shouldnt be a problem, though, should it?

Excellent point, and a real concern. Just selling receivers shouldnt be a problem, though, should it?

I believe it would not , but no fully built pistols.. only registered SBRs in order to keep the flow of cheap surplus x54R coming.

Edited by 690gr

Start with a pre-1899 receiver. No need for any NFA paperwork. Just PLEASE, don't cut down a collectible Mosin that's in good shape. I' ve got a couple of pre-1899 Mosins but there's no way I would butcher one 'cause they're in great shape as-is.