.....grip preferences, who's got them?

I use CAA UPG47 grips on both my S-12 and SGL20. I like having the ability to customize the grip, and of course this grip provides comfortable rubber finger grooves and palmswell, no matter which combo of inserts you choose to use. The only downside to CAA grips is that they're foreign parts, so they don't help count toward 922r compliance.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
I use CAA UPG47 grips on both my S-12 and SGL20. I like having the ability to customize the grip, and of course this grip provides comfortable rubber finger grooves and palmswell, no matter which combo of inserts you choose to use. The only downside to CAA grips is that they're foreign parts, so they don't help count toward 922r compliance.

Ive got the same thing and I gotta say I really like it as well, I had to grind a little off inside to mount it but not a big deal.

I rather like my plain'ol SAW grip.

The SAW grip is coo.. but it's too common, and doesn't offer as tight and natural a hold as a grip with rubber finger grooves. I had a CAA UPG47 on my SGL20 when I bought my S-12 and started deciding on conversion parts, so I already knew how much I liked the model. Buying another for my S-12, (and using slightly different grip inserts since it's a shotgun rather than a rifle), was an easy decision. :smoke:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
Will the CAA grip fit on a Tromix bolt on trigger guard? I have enough US parts so I don't need the grip to be compliant.

Thanks!

tire iron

Yes, but I believe some "fitting" is recommended so it doesn't loosen up. I used a triggerguard from akbuilder on my gun so the grip was an easy, natural fit.