.223 reloading... what brass gives you the BIGGEST pain in the balls?&

I find that Prvi Partisan with the cryllic headstamp seems to give me the BIGGEST reloading pain in the balls going!!!

They are rim crimped, and I have to run EACH and every freaking shell through a rim reamer on the case prep station... I will have a small primer pocket reamer coming in a few days... that will ease ALL my headaches!!! but for now... it SUCKS! I have hundreds of rounds of the stuff... nice shiny, beautiful brass that is a pain to re-prime. The primers are hard as a son of a bitch to get to seat properly... where as the RP or the Winchester ammo they pop right in nice as you please...

I find the Lake city stuff is almost as tough as the PRVI too... gotta love MIL SURP 223 brass!!! :up:

:smoke:

I find that Prvi Partisan with the cryllic headstamp seems to give me the BIGGEST reloading pain in the balls going!!!

They are rim crimped, and I have to run EACH and every freaking shell through a rim reamer on the case prep station... I will have a small primer pocket reamer coming in a few days... that will ease ALL my headaches!!! but for now... it SUCKS! I have hundreds of rounds of the stuff... nice shiny, beautiful brass that is a pain to re-prime. The primers are hard as a son of a bitch to get to seat properly... where as the RP or the Winchester ammo they pop right in nice as you please...

I find the Lake city stuff is almost as tough as the PRVI too... gotta love MIL SURP 223 brass!!! :up:

The Dillon Super Swager is the way to go for primer pocket prep on the military style cases with the crimped primers.

You will find Lake City brass is the best brass you can use in a auto loader. Lake City brass is good stuff.

Are you using a small base die for your FL re-size?

I have both a Lee and an RCBS rockchucker single stage press that I use for loading. One at a time. It takes a little bit longer, but thats ok... I still check powder weights about every third case just to verify they are still on target... and sometimes if I am really getting anal, I will separate cases according to weight, and bullets according to weight as well...

I dont reload for plinking lods... I want as many shots in the same hole every time as I can get... :up:

If I put the crosshairs on a varmint... I want to be 100% sure that bullet is going precisely where I am aiming.

• 7 months later...

The Dillon Super Swager is the way to go for primer pocket prep on the military style cases with the crimped primers.You will find Lake City brass is the best brass you can use in a auto loader. Lake City brass is good stuff.

Are you using a small base die for your FL re-size?

I found one of these at an estate sale for 15 dollars. Best money i ever spent for LC brass crimps.