Greetings,

Though I'm new to posting, I've been lurking for several months. I have five Saigas (7.62x39 16", 7.62x39 20", .308 16", .308 20", and a .410 (best $149.95 I've ever spent on my son 8)) all in basic black. I've got three G2 single hooks otw and look forward to starting my first project. I thought it was time to chime in since I'm an avid forum reader and have taken advantage of some of the best AK threads out there. I haven't ordered the stocks or PGs yet, but do any of the PGs come with the screw or escucheon? I want just the plain ole USA made AK PG, any average grip screw acceptable from TAPCO etc? Just background, I'm a vintage spec ops 130 pilot couple years from retirement, so hail to the other mil forum members. I'll work on a decent sig block, gotta get smart on that 8)

Howdy RSring, welcome! 130? as in AC130 pilot? My dad was a pilot, usta fly my uncles planes. He was a stunt pilot, flew a Citabria and a Pitts. I flew the Citabria a couple of times, never did anything but fly straight. I was to scared to try anything unconventional (did ride in the back seat a few times on some rolls, stalls, ect).

Doerdie,

AC-130 would be nice, least I could shoot back, but no. MC-130...low level, night vision goggles, FLIR, insert spec ops teams, refuel spec ops helos, etc. Pretty much we hope noone knows were even there hehe, easier than dodging bullets.

I wonder if it was MC-130's that used to do TRAP missions with us(USMC) for the MEU's...They would drop in on an airfield with our FAV's(fast attack vehicles) and us strapped d-ringed to the deck...as soon as it hits the landing...brakes on hard!!! open up rear...Marines start booking out to secure runway...FAVs roll out and start kicking ass.......hmm

was that you guys? i dont remember any ARTY howistzers, or Spectre type guns or anything.....so it was cargo only...

Also....they inserted PJ's with us....black gear over woodland cammies...TCG's, or TCT's or whatever...those USAF zoomies used to think we were nuts...LOL

Welcome to the neighborhood rsring130.

Sounds like you know what the score is since you have been lurking around and already own a number of Saiga's.

This is a great forum made up by a ggod bunch of guys who love their Saiga's. Feel free to ask questions as there is alot of experience on this board and folks are always willing to help.

We have a pretty good sense of humor here and even keep a posting area for such nonsense.

I look forward to your contributions and participation. Welcome again.

Wolverine

Welcome rsring130. I ordered the Tapco PG. I had a grip screw that I picked up at a gunshow (Bulgarian take offs I think) The Tapco grip has no escutcheon, but does have what appears to be a washer in the recess in the bottom of the PG. I tried to fashion an escutcheon from my loose parts bin, but then my grip screw was not long enough. I just installed the PG with the screw head seated on that washer.(the head is just large enough) I recently bought a K-Var stock set and that PG does come with an escutchean. It is also a bit more swept back than the Tapco grip, and the U.S. stamp is externally visible. I have not installed it yet as I still need a longer screw to use with the escutcheon. Have fun with all those Saiga's.

Welcome rsring130. I used to be in the "drop off" business, but with me it was SEALS by the dark of the moon from our deisel sub. I always figured I could swim to the surface better than I could fly to the ground! :eek::lolol::lolol:

G O B

Dodge,

I've had the honor of working with most all of the name brand spec ops units in my 15 years in this aircraft, all very professional and good at their job. I've driven the bus for Marine Recon units but never really did what your talking about with the marines. Army Rangers were always the big customer on that type op, airdrop jump clearing teams, infil RATVs and jeeps with 30mm, little bird support (AH-6) stuff. No offense to our own guys, but the oscar for coolness factor would have to go to SAS, landed those crazy guys and their rocket/machine gun/grenade launcher laden dune buggys up on some road up in a hostile nation (big mystery I bet) in the middle of the night for some little camping trip, somehow I bet they got in trouble with the locals. Funny fact, one of these fine brits carried a Remington sniper rifle. You'd think the crown would cough up the silver for a nice SSG or something heh.

welcome to the forum. It curious how someone with the background you have chose so many saigas....how do you like them in stock config verses the various other common mil-type weapons?

you are missing out. you should buy the 12 gauge. awesome gun.

Welcome aboard aviator! It was always my dream to fly military, but I can't (contact lenses), so I'm doing the next best thing flying-wise. I'm planning on being an airline pilot. Just got my Commercial ME rating today. I'm still interested in joining the Army Reserves or Guard even though I can't fly for them.