single point sling?

I have a single point on the side of the ace hinge block on my S12, it works fine, though it isnt nearly as comfortable as you would hope, i mostly use it because it doesnt get tangled in anything when the gun is just laying around, stays out of the way when you are shooting, and makes for easy transitions, with the shotty tucked out of the way.

ETA: I dont know exactly what you mean by balances right, near as i can figure, its going to hang like Flavor Flaves watch, no matter where you put it.

Edited by ReverendFranz

Mine hangs when I am carrying it with a single point sling from its Ace SMG style hinge. But it a B I G Firearm with an 18" barrel to carry single point!

I like the single point. I tried some of the universal one point adapters. They're a nylon strap and I found that the only place you could really mount it was on the grip itself, which interferred with everything involved with pulling the trigger. Ultimately, I replaced the visible top stock screw with a sling scew and it's working great with a bungee single sling.

Other members commented about weight and how big the gun is, which I totally agree with. I'm 5'10 and with my 18" S12 and the single point comfortable, the gun pretty much hangs to just a hair over my right foot. So, I'd hazzard that 1-points will work better for taller than avg people. However, to the 2 point sling side of the discussion, if you have any mag bigger than a 5 shot mag, it's almost impossible to get it to balance and feel right. I find the mag tangles in mostly everything. As such, the single point does hang like Flavre's gold clock, but if all you're doing is looking for a little support or to occassionally free up your trigger hand, I like the 1 point. Plus, during mag changes, theres nothing to get in the way... no straps bouncing around.

I think if you had a 2 point sling and shot your S12 the way Tony R's avatar pick shows - from the hip, then 2 point is going to be the way to go.