This is really sad. I don't watch TV much but if he was within earshot, I would watch him. Just something about the old style of pitching products reminded me of the old carnival barkers. I put more significance in this mans death than pixie Jackson.

Yakdung

I watched the show "Pitchmen". Really a well done catchy show featuring him. I also saw him as a guest of Neal Cavuto on the Fox Business Network, the man was a great demonstration of how capitalism and self reliance made America the great country it is. Great guy. He will be missed.

I think I understand now, Billy, Michael and Farrah.....all the same person? Only time and the logic found on the internet will tell for sure.

Maybe not the exact same person, but didn't you ever see 'Men in Black?'

Now we're left with the chopper guy..... :haha2::haha2::haha2::haha2::haha2::haha2:

:lolol:

You mean "Vince", selling the "slap-chop" and "sham-wow"? That guy's pathetic. He wears a phone headset like he's the one taking orders?! It's sad, but some people in this country probably think he actually is. :(

edit: I suppose the really sad thing is that I actually remember the names of the products this joker is peddling. I guess that bullshit advertising is effective, even if you try to block it out! :eek:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

When the hell did this place become Celebrity Deathwatch? I look through new posts and almost half of all the new responses are about some over the hill celebrity turning in his last peice of celluloid.

Guns, people, Guns. Crimeny, Focus.

Unless you shot the celeb personaly, or that celeb invented a real great gun you want to talk about, i dont know why anyone here would care. I think some of you need to turn off your TVs for a while and go fondle some firearms until you remember whats important in life again :haha:

Im sure the national enquirer or star magazine has a forum you guys can post on... :rolleyes:

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Carry on.

Now we're left with the chopper guy..... :haha2::haha2::haha2::haha2::haha2::haha2:

You mean "Vince", selling the "slap-chop" and "sham-wow"? That guy's pathetic. He wears a phone headset like he's the one taking orders?! It's sad, but some people in this country probably think he actually is. :(

0327092sham1.jpg

MARCH 27--Meet Vince Shlomi. He's probably better known to you as the ShamWow Guy, the ubiquitous television pitchman who has been phenomenally successful peddling absorbent towels and food choppers. Shlomi, 44, was arrested last month on a felony battery charge following a violent confrontation with a prostitute in his South Beach hotel room. According to an arrest affidavit.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...27092sham1.html

:haha2::lolol::lol:

0327092sham1.jpg

MARCH 27--Meet Vince Shlomi. He's probably better known to you as the ShamWow Guy, the ubiquitous television pitchman who has been phenomenally successful peddling absorbent towels and food choppers. Shlomi, 44, was arrested last month on a felony battery charge following a violent confrontation with a prostitute in his South Beach hotel room. According to an arrest affidavit.

He tried to Sham Wow her and she gave him the ol slap chop.

When the hell did this place become Celebrity Deathwatch? I look through new posts and almost half of all the new responses are about some over the hill celebrity turning in his last peice of celluloid.

Unless you shot the celeb personaly, or that celeb invented a real great gun you want to talk about, i dont know why anyone here would care. I think some of you need to turn off your TVs for a while and go fondle some firearms until you remember whats important in life again :haha:

Im sure the national enquirer or star magazine has a forum you guys can post on... :rolleyes:

Carry on.

I have to admit that I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why people who didn't know him personally would mourn the passing of the guy who sold Oxyclean on late night television. Nothing personal, people can mourn whoever they want. I guess I just don't see how a TV pitchman can have any real importance in the average person's life. But thats just me.

Carry on.

I have to admit that I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why people who didn't know him personally would mourn the passing of the guy who sold Oxyclean on late night television. Nothing personal, people can mourn whoever they want. I guess I just don't see how a TV pitchman can have any real importance in the average person's life. But thats just me.

I don't know, just my take. Most of us probably never bought any of his crap, but there was just something about the guy. He was fun, was on TV making fun of himself, and clearly loved what he was doing. Seemed easy to identify with that guy, and he always had a smile. Always made me laugh seeing his sales pitch every now and then over the years. There was something very American about him if I can be so corny. The others that have died lately have been out of the spotlight, he was the only one still in peoples faces every day.

...Unless you shot the celeb personaly, or that celeb invented a real great gun you want to talk about, i dont know why anyone here would care. ...

Well one of his products was named, Kaboom! So I guess that he is fair game...

Maybe it's because Billy Mays was a celebrity who didn't try to deny what he was. He sold stuff on late night TV and was up front about it. He fucking OWNED it. In fact, as far as I can tell, Billy loved his job and was enthusiastic about it to the point that he only pitched products that he actually used and thought were decent himself.

Then you've got your typical Hollywood celebs or washed up musicians, who'd rather you worship an artificial image rather than what they really are.

Billy was honest (a rarity for a salesman), and he was real. Just an outgoing dude from Pittsburgh with a big voice who loved to sell stuff.

Maybe it's because Billy Mays was a celebrity who didn't try to deny what he was. He sold stuff on late night TV and was up front about it. He fucking OWNED it. In fact, as far as I can tell, Billy loved his job and was enthusiastic about it to the point that he only pitched products that he actually used and thought were decent himself.

Then you've got your typical Hollywood celebs or washed up musicians, who'd rather you worship an artificial image rather than what they really are.

Billy was honest (a rarity for a salesman), and he was real. Just an outgoing dude from Pittsburgh with a big voice who loved to sell stuff.

Totally agree....... always got a kick out of his informercials, BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!! Always made me and the wife laugh. I will miss him.

0327092sham1.jpg

Looks like Ol Vince tried to take over as cheif of the "slapaho tribe", looks like he lost :haha2:

Bet there are quite a few people loving his nuts right about now :) They're now saying heart disease. Saw Billy on Neil Cavuto not too long ago, "I'm BILLY MAYS HERE FOR BARRACK OBAMA'S STIMULUS PLAN" was pretty good.

Unless you shot the celeb personaly, or that celeb invented a real great gun you want to talk about, i dont know why anyone here would care.

I'm going to use this in my sig. Good stuff right there.