You lucky SOB's who can convert your shotties.

I just wanted to vent about the fact that in CT we can't convert our shotguns because CT has kept the AWB after it expired. :cryss:

So even though I wanted to own the Evilest rifle I could think of : A saiga 12ga with 20rnd drums. I can't do the pistol grip conversion on it. BOLLOX!!!

:ded:

What about a thumb hole? Can ya do that?

They consider a thumbhole stock a pistol grip here too, just as in CALI and what pisses me off even more, is that when you ask the DPS of CT for a definition of the thumbhole stock they don't answer it directly. :cryss:

I'm seriously thinking of trying one of those CA legal grips (Monsterman grips).

Could y'all not do something like this guy:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=41552

He's in California, and you seem to be subject to the same rules, why not follow his formula?

The only problem is that switching mags using a drum would be a major PITA using the RADD Lock. I thought about it .. trust me. :D

Here is the current CT statues regarding Shotguns :

© A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and

(iv) An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

Edited by mrnuke7571

Shit, firearms aren't the only reason to move out of the northeast. Taxes, unions, etc. We don't have that problem in the south, to the extent they do up there. My buddy's up in Ithaca NY right now, been there for a year, and he can't wait to get back to the south. Says they are taxing him to death. Automobile inspections, taxes on a parking ticket, all so they can pay people in the city to do stupid shit that they need to be doing on their own, like getting a check up or going to school. I swear, I saw an article the NY daily news when I was up there that was talking about how the city was paying people cash incentives to take care of their own business. Way to encourage people to be responsible, there, NY!

They consider a thumbhole stock a pistol grip here too, just as in CALI and what pisses me off even more, is that when you ask the DPS of CT for a definition of the thumbhole stock they don't answer it directly. :cryss:

And they never will! Calling the DPS is and always has been USELESS! 'No' will always be there default answer.

I'm seriously thinking of trying one of those CA legal grips (Monsterman grips).

Blech! :ded: Leave it as is! Well, maybe out a couple parts for 992r so you can use the >5 round mags...

Shit, firearms aren't the only reason to move out of the northeast.

+1 billion.

If everything goes right, I'll be in SC by the end of the year. Far too many reasons to list, but lax gun laws is the icing on the cake.

(BTW, Ithaca is full of dirty hippies!!!! Although they do (or used to) have one the best pizza places I ever ate at, in the Commons.)

+1 billion.

If everything goes right, I'll be in SC by the end of the year. Far too many reasons to list, but lax gun laws is the icing on the cake.

(BTW, Ithaca is full of dirty hippies!!!! Although they do (or used to) have one the best pizza places I ever ate at, in the Commons.)

Haha. Yeah, he said it's like a big ass coffee house up there. :lol: I was going to ride a bus up there and hang out for a couple of days while I was visiting the city, but he told me I'd be miserable, so I just stayed in Brooklyn and drank at the Polish bar.

+1 billion.

Haha. Yeah, he said it's like a big ass coffee house up there. :lol: I was going to ride a bus up there and hang out for a couple of days while I was visiting the city, but he told me I'd be miserable, so I just stayed in Brooklyn and drank at the Polish bar.

It is like a coffee house. :lol: Another thing, there's WAY too many 1-way streets. It's a pain to get around. Good choice staying in Brooklyn. I'd have done the same.

+1 billion.

It is like a coffee house. :lol: Another thing, there's WAY too many 1-way streets. It's a pain to get around. Good choice staying in Brooklyn. I'd have done the same.

Update...

I emailed the CT DPS regarding the Monsterman Grips with a picture and explanation, etc. and got a note back from them saying that would NOT violate CT's AWB statues.

Sweet. I'm ordering one today and doing the conversion on the saiga ASAP. I've already swapped to US parts for 922r legality as I'm using the 10rnd mags and 20rnd drum.

Update...

I emailed the CT DPS regarding the Monsterman Grips with a picture and explanation, etc. and got a note back from them saying that would NOT violate CT's AWB statues.

Sweet. I'm ordering one today and doing the conversion on the saiga ASAP. I've already swapped to US parts for 922r legality as I'm using the 10rnd mags and 20rnd drum.

Archive that email and print a copy out for yourself also. Did the person who responded to your email actually put their name on it? Or was the sender the generic DPS name?

Archive that email and print a copy out for yourself also. Did the person who responded to your email actually put their name on it? Or was the sender the generic DPS name?

I have a name and phone #, but I could kick myself. I forgot to click the 'save email sent' button on yahoo when I sent it. :wacko:

I will email and thank him and ask him to forward me my original email if he has it, or specify that the Monsterman grip would not violate.. blablablabla..

Damn yahoo email pos software not automatically saving sent emails.

I have a name and phone #, but I could kick myself. I forgot to click the 'save email sent' button on yahoo when I sent it. :wacko:

I will email and thank him and ask him to forward me my original email if he has it, or specify that the Monsterman grip would not violate.. blablablabla..

Damn yahoo email pos software not automatically saving sent emails.

I've been using Yahoo email for years, and it always saves my sent messages without me clicking on anything :unsure: . Maybe it's a setting you have to change to default it.

Maybe you could ask for one of those actual letters regarding the subject. Like the ones some people post that they've gotten from the BATF. They have your name, the disclaimer saying whatever is legal, the agent's name, with an "official" letterhead. You could keep the original at home, and carry a copy with you when you go shooting. I would think it would hold more weight than a printed out email. Just something to think about.

Like this letter: http://www.poormansmachinegun.com/images/atf%20letter.JPG

Edited by 22_Shooter

Are you sure it's illegal to use a thumbhole? Where did you see that?

I have asked them before about that and they said it was considered a pistol grip.

I have asked them before about that and they said it was considered a pistol grip.

Oh ok, then I'll take it to mean that it is as illegal as the silencers that I buy. Not written = not complied with. I don't care if they want it to be illegal, it isn't written. It's obvious that I bent over backwards to meet their stupid law, I'm not respecting an unwritten one, especially because government workers are quick to call just about anything illegal as it makes their jobs easier.

Oh, you didn't know about the two sets of laws we have in CT? There's ordinary law and then there's State Police Law. If the CSP don't find the laws they like in regular law, they just make up their own. Like making you bring proof of citizenship when you renew your permit. There's nothing about it in regular law, but it's in State Police Law, so you comply or don't get your renewal.

I hope Mr. Nuke doesn't rely on a copy of an email from a CSP detective for a legal defense some day. A legal opinion might be worth something if it's on paper and signed by either the commissioner or Dick Blumenthal (our state Attorney General), but otherwise it's not worth the paper you printed it on.

Ah yes, the infamous State Police rulings! When I went to get my permit renewed I had to have a copy of my birth certificate. Of course I didn't so the woman at Troop G absolutely refused to deal with me. I kept trying to explain that it was a renewal, my drivers license and permit both have my name, picture and date of birth on them. She didn't give a shit. I had no choice but to go to town hall and get a new birth certificate. Guess what ID town hall wanted? Only a drivers license that they just glanced at. I went back to Troop G told the bitch behind the counter I had all my info including my birth certificate. I handed all my shit over and she didn't even LOOK AT my birth certificate. You guys in CT, I'm telling you the best thing that I did was move the fuck out of that state.

Oh, you didn't know about the two sets of laws we have in CT? There's ordinary law and then there's State Police Law. If the CSP don't find the laws they like in regular law, they just make up their own. Like making you bring proof of citizenship when you renew your permit. There's nothing about it in regular law, but it's in State Police Law, so you comply or don't get your renewal.

I hope Mr. Nuke doesn't rely on a copy of an email from a CSP detective for a legal defense some day. A legal opinion might be worth something if it's on paper and signed by either the commissioner or Dick Blumenthal (our state Attorney General), but otherwise it's not worth the paper you printed it on.