Warrenty Repair or not....?

Just got a second S12..Took it out and shot 50 or so rounds thru it with NO PROBLEMS! However when I tore it down for cleaning I could only see one gas port and just a SMALL SECTION of two more. My question is this...since it cycled with no problem should I even worry about it or should I , since it is new and under warranty send it back to CGW fot them to clear the ports? I haven't made up my mind if I will convert this one or not. I probably will at some time.

you should check the two forward holes with a piece of wire, or even a tiny allen wrench, to ensure that they are unobstructed. from the sounds of it, they probably are clear....

probably a 3 hole gun and you can't see the front hole.

What ammo were you shooting? If it functions fine with bird shot there is nothing to have worked on right?

I put a little of 00..a few slugs and #6 through it...no problems.

probably a 3 hole gun and you can't see the front hole.

What ammo were you shooting? If it functions fine with bird shot there is nothing to have worked on right?

I put a little of 00..a few slugs and #6 through it...no problems.

Pick up a 100 pack of federal 7-1/2 or 8 and run all of it through the gun. If it eats 98% or more of it on setting 2 without issue: the gun is fine.

That is normal to see only part of the forward gas vents. They are slanted back and very close to the front of the gas cylinder window (or whatever it is called). Get a dental pick from the drug store and make sure you can stick it all the way through to the barrel. Sounds like you should be OK though. As suggested above get some federal bulk ammo form walmart (not the winchester) and stick it on 2 and see.