How is this gun possible?

Just saw the Atlantic Firearms banner so I took a look at it and saw this:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct423.aspx

saiga12tac2.jpg

100% made in Russia at the Izmash factory. How is this possible? I thought regardless of whatever state you live in, these guns have to be imported to the U.S. in "sporter" configuration. Are these being imported by someone other than RAAC?

No where in the weapon's description does it say, "100% made in Russia at the Izmash factory."

It's obviously, a S12 that has been converted over to a PG.

Okay, they didn't say it was 100% Izmash but they also didn't say that "they" or "someone" converted the gun either. Let alone "who" converted it and with all the necessary compliant parts. This definitely in the "grey" area.

So is RAAC now pumping out "converted" guns?

Edited by FrustratedInCali

It isn't in a 'gray area,' and RAAC isn't making them. I think those might have been made by a company called "In Range," but I'm not sure. I know I've seen some In Range S12's on Atlantic Arms before.

Edited by elvis christ
Okay, they didn't say it was 100% Izmash but they also didn't say that "they" or "someone" converted the gun either. Let alone "who" converted it and with all the necessary compliant parts. This definitely in the "grey" area.

So is RAAC now pumping out "converted" guns?

No.

AA is selling converted S-12s that were converted right here in the US.

WEll it's obviously got an Ace folder on it, the grip is US made, and the FCG make up the other 3 parts.

Doesn't that just make 5 parts? I thought that 6 US parts is necessary when you have a removable muzzle brake??? The choke on this Saiga pictured is original Russian, no?

Doesn't that just make 5 parts? I thought that 6 US parts is necessary when you have a removable muzzle brake??? The choke on this Saiga pictured is original Russian, no?

Instead of asking us all the questions, why don't you call the dealer and bug them?

WEll it's obviously got an Ace folder on it, the grip is US made, and the FCG make up the other 3 parts.

Could ship with American mags, plus we can't see if it is using an US gas piston; could be perfectly compliant.

Could ship with American mags, plus we can't see if it is using an US gas piston; could be perfectly compliant.

Add in the fact that Saiga shotguns start with either 14 or 13 "counted" parts. You only need to swap out, at the least, 4. Not 6.

Instead of asking us all the questions, why don't you call the dealer and bug them?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: