My first conversion.

Thanks for everything guys! Next I need to install the bullet guide and file the receiver down and im all done. Just to clarfiy, I installed the tapco G2 hammer and trigger, pistol grip, stock, and all that good stuff. Question is, I see people talking about different things like a retainer for a FCG? Can anyone elborate on what this is, or if I need to install some other small components that im not aware of? Everything seems to function fine, although I havent fired it yet. I just want to make sure I have everything I need before I go try to fire it and something bad happens. Also, I am trying to get some pictures up but everytime I try to upload the picture, it never stops uploading. Some help there would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Thanks for everything guys! Next I need to install the bullet guide and file the receiver down and im all done. Just to clarfiy, I installed the tapco G2 hammer and trigger, pistol grip, stock, and all that good stuff. Question is, I see people talking about different things like a retainer for a FCG? Can anyone elborate on what this is, or if I need to install some other small components that im not aware of? Everything seems to function fine, although I havent fired it yet. I just want to make sure I have everything I need before I go try to fire it and something bad happens. Also, I am trying to get some pictures up but everytime I try to upload the picture, it never stops uploading. Some help there would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Yes, the pins will walk out of the rifle as you fire it and your FCG will fall apart as a result. There's 3 ways to retain the pins:

shepherd's crook, little metal wire that will make you growl and scream and want to kill someone

e-clips, little clips put in with tweezers that require almost surgical precision and will make you pissed off

retaining plate, $5 takes 2 seconds to install and is so easy a monkey could do it

Lakedweller yes actually i just found that first object in the pictures you posted and attached it to my pins and it works great now! I knew something in the action felt funny! Now how do i get some pics up?

Edited by mike8705
Lakedweller yes actually i just found that first object in the pictures you posted and attached it to my pins and it works great now! I knew something in the action felt funny! Now how do i get some pics up?

Just reply and attach your pictures .......