Would I be in complianc with 922r.

OK, let me see if I have this right.

If I have a factory Saiga 12 with the threaded barrel, I can replace the following parts with

American made parts and it would be in compliance with 922r

1. American made muzzle break

2. American made folding Buttstock with pistol grip (ACE)

3. American made Forearm, handguard

4. American made high capacity magazine

Am I correct.

Thank you guys

Welcome to the forum! :beer:

That looks to be OK, but most folks will caution you to not rely on the magazine to make your firearm 922 compliant. Also, you should probably have posted this in the 922 section. I'm sure a Moderator will move it shortly though.

Again, welcome.

Corbin

Welcome to the forum! :beer:

That looks to be OK, but most folks will caution you to not rely on the magazine to make your firearm 922 compliant. Also, you should probably have posted this in the 922 section. I'm sure a Moderator will move it shortly though.

Again, welcome.

Corbin

I don't understand why using the magazine would be a problem for compliance, but you have been around this stuff alot longer than myself so I was curious to know why? As long as a russian mag or a foreign mag doesn't touch the gun, you are never out of compliance am I right? If the gun is empty with no mag in it, you do not have 3 foreign parts in it that would put you over...if you DO have a us mag in it, same deal, you do not have 3 foreign parts in it that would put you over.

You're correct in that as long as you don't have a foreign mag laying around, it probably wouldn't be a problem. I just wouldn't want to be out shooting with a buddy that has another S-12 WITH a foreign mag and have there be a question if for some reason the police stopped by, or was at the same range as you. Getting a domestic puck or FCG is easy enough to do and would be something I'd personally want to do eventually, if doing a conversion.

I'm not an expert on this subject by any means. I'm just mentioning the general view most folks here shared with me when I was new to Saiga ownership.

Corbin

I've said it before and I'll say it again 100 times, when you do your parts count, just remember these words of wisdom, from someone who I can't remember..

922r means 10-or-fewer foreign made parts

Most newbies get confused with adding parts (trust me, I did), don't count stuff which you add, don't even think about stuff you're going to add.

Start with your factory spec firearm, remove parts until you have 10-or-fewer foreign made parts, now rebuild the firearm using USA made parts, now you're good to go!

There are some links in my sig.

I've said it before and I'll say it again 100 times, when you do your parts count, just remember these words of wisdom, from someone who I can't remember..

922r means 10-or-fewer foreign made parts

Most newbies get confused with adding parts (trust me, I did), don't count stuff which you add, don't even think about stuff you're going to add.

Start with your factory spec firearm, remove parts until you have 10-or-fewer foreign made parts, now rebuild the firearm using USA made parts, now you're good to go!

There are some links in my sig.

I wanted to ask you a question about your calculator...it looks like a stock saiga 12 with threaded barrell has 15 parts by your calculator, not 14...is that right?

You're correct in that as long as you don't have a foreign mag laying around, it probably wouldn't be a problem. I just wouldn't want to be out shooting with a buddy that has another S-12 WITH a foreign mag and have there be a question if for some reason the police stopped by, or was at the same range as you. Getting a domestic puck or FCG is easy enough to do and would be something I'd personally want to do eventually, if doing a conversion.

I'm not an expert on this subject by any means. I'm just mentioning the general view most folks here shared with me when I was new to Saiga ownership.

Corbin

OK, thanks Corbin, I understand your logic now. BTW, your Saiga looks flat out awesome...I'm going to have to do mine very similar to that as I convert it.